West Ridge welcomes Daniel Boone

83SouthRebel

Congrats to Boone! You all have a special team and I hope you make LOTS of noise. I will be pulling for you the rest of the year. I know a few administrators at West Ridge and I have not heard any talk of trying to get down to 5a. Back to the game. I know there is lots of youth on the Wolves but if the coaches cannot find a way to stop the turnovers then it's going to be hard to win another game. (8 or 9 the first two games) Wolves started out banging the ball down the gut for 2 straight first downs. Hope the young Wolves learn and improve. Congrats again to all the Boone fans!

I think a lot of people on here underestimated Boone. Again, left another 7 points off the board due to penalties. And they didn't even throw it the second half... just cruised with a running clock.  West Ridge is not very deep. Relied too heavily on one player and I think they have the wrong QB behind center. Should have gone with the kid that lead their JV to success last year.  WR has to expand their playbook or they'll not have much success the rest of the season. Boone however, if they stay healthy and coaches call the right plays I think can make a deep run-in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Congrats to Boone! You all have a special team and I hope you make LOTS of noise. I will be pulling for you the rest of the year. I know a few administrators at West Ridge and I have not heard any talk of trying to get down to 5a. Back to the game. I know there is lots of youth on the Wolves but if the coaches cannot find a way to stop the turnovers then it's going to be hard to win another game. (8 or 9 the first two games) Wolves started out banging the ball down the gut for 2 straight first downs. Hope the young Wolves learn and improve. Congrats again to all the Boone fans!

You guys made 2 critical mistakes on special teams early in the game, take away those 2 plays and it's a different ball game.    I think Boone still wins but it seems like after the fumbled punt West Ridge just got out of rhythm.    Hoping to come to the Science Hill game next week and sit on the WR side, that is if the Wolves will welcome a Blazer for one night

I meant to say earlier, West Ridge has hands-down the best football facility of any high school I have ever been to.   Whoever laid all that out was really thinking.    In addition to the normal concessions I loved all the tents, and the big areas for the kids to walk around and socialize, really nice place and an enjoyable experience.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I meant to say earlier, West Ridge has hands-down the best football facility of any high school I have ever been to.   Whoever laid all that out was really thinking.    In addition to the normal concessions I loved all the tents, and the big areas for the kids to walk around and socialize, really nice place and an enjoyable experience.

Agree with this. They’ve got a great facility.

I thought Boone would get the W last night but was surprised by the score. They can make a deep run this year if they stay healthy. 

Science Hill/West Ridge game next week will be interesting. They’re a lot alike this year. Science Hill lost a ton last year due to graduation, as did West Ridge. Neither team can throw the ball. They’re both going to try and win running it. They both rack up penalties and make stupid mistakes. With all that said,  I give the edge to the Hilltoppers next week. They’ve got a better run game and I also think their defense is better (not by much). 

Edited by WBNC83

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

…. Ehh

10 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Everything about WR was well done as far as I can tell. They really built a beautiful school inside and out. Dances at the school are next level from the photos I've seen.

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Agree. May I add that for decades if a team traveled well and had a good size band……. The away side of J. Fred was  very inadequate.

Visitors side at J Fred is still inadequate because they let the DB band move over there. Listen I still think J Fred is an awesome place with tons of history but it sucks sitting in the end zone and having to walk down to see the time on the clock. My favorite memory of my dad, who passed away when I was 10 was walking in under the scoreboard and standing and watching the game. My dad loved DB football. As for West Ridge, I think the entire facility is amazing, I just hope they can keep a great product on the field.

• Like 1