Unaka comes to space mountain

THE KING

Just watched a little of the game on Facebook,and i have to say hats off to the landers,i just don't understand what's the deal at unaka i know their numbers are way down,but from just the little i saw its the same silly mistakes,turnovers,mental break downs,why are they so weak,i see these kids working all summer,even when i played against them they were the better team and we still won

1 hour ago, IMDog said:

Just watched a little of the game on Facebook,and i have to say hats off to the landers,i just don't understand what's the deal at unaka i know their numbers are way down,but from just the little i saw its the same silly mistakes,turnovers,mental break downs,why are they so weak,i see these kids working all summer,even when i played against them they were the better team and we still won

No youth program. Barely existent middle school program, over half the kids the MS dresses have never played organized football. Bennett gets them as freshman and pretty much has to start square one. I sure would like to see what he could do with three consecutive classes of developed 9th graders.

Edited by crazzyness

5 hours ago, crazzyness said:

No youth program. Barely existent middle school program, over half the kids the MS dresses have never played organized football. Bennett gets them as freshman and pretty much has to start square one. I sure would like to see what he could do with three consecutive classes of developed 9th graders.

You hit the nail on the head son.  Example,  we have 4 youth club teams this season.  My girls little brother is only 8 and this is his 4th season!  Cland boys are war veterans.  You can watch that game and tell unaka is just not accustomed to war.  Bodies laying on the ground,  boys tapping their helmet wanting out.  At least Bennett told them to man up

38 minutes ago, THE KING said:

You hit the nail on the head son.  Example,  we have 4 youth club teams this season.  My girls little brother is only 8 and this is his 4th season!  Cland boys are war veterans.  You can watch that game and tell unaka is just not accustomed to war.  Bodies laying on the ground,  boys tapping their helmet wanting out.  At least Bennett told them to man up

That’s exactly why I don’t see anyone dethroning Cloudland any time soon in region 1…none of the other teams can handle a physical war for 4 quarters against them. 

23 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

That’s exactly why I don’t see anyone dethroning Cloudland any time soon in region 1…none of the other teams can handle a physical war for 4 quarters against them. 

Crazy thing is Hampton does to us what we do to our region so we know what it's like to be on the other end of it :)

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

Speaking of youth club, I've been watching that Jones boy, and the other kids on that team, for 6 years destroying kids from Bristol, Greenville, and Science Hill on Saturdays, and now he's playing for Hampton? What gives?

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

Speaking of youth club, I've been watching that Jones boy, and the other kids on that team, for 6 years destroying kids from Bristol, Greenville, and Science Hill on Saturdays, and now he's playing for Hampton? What gives?

His Dad Played for Mike at Cloudland. Both those Jones boys are gonna be really good.

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

Mother lives in Johnson County so it works out better for both of them if they go to Hampton.  We'll be OK cause we got the Hughes boys and some good young linemen on their way.  All 4 rec teams at cland are pretty good.  Right now there is a lack of athletes in 7th thru 9th so we'll take our bumps