Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

On 8/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, SweetScience said:

I agree wholeheartedly that it’s the most talent that we’ve had in a decade, but unfortunately it takes a lot more than skill players to be a really good team, as we all saw last year. We are very inexperienced and undersized, on both sides of the ball. While I think we have the potential to be very good eventually, predicting a 10-0 season is just premature, at this point. We have a lot to prove before we can start talking like that. Like one poster said up above, let’s just take one game at a time right now. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I’d love for you to be right.

your really pushing your reality this year. Their good but leadership could be better. 

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

QB 1 Sharpe is not the worst QB in the Region. I don't know who it is but it is not Payton, I remember people wanting Gibbons out and all he did was lead us to State Runner ups.

A few Oak Ridgers need to decide. Is it the OL that cost us 10 - 0 or is it the QB. Before long people will blame it on the cheerleaders. 

Look, 10 - 0 against our schedule is going to be a witch to pull off. If we don't pull it off it isn't anyone's fault. I think 10 - 0 is possible but I also am hopping for 15 - 0.

The best possible thing OR can do is just take it one game at a time. Come December we will know who was the best in Region 5A.

You guys couldn't handle 4A if you were down here with us. 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, HTV said:

Love my Oak Ridge friends, but ..........

While the officiating may not have been good at SD - and it wasn't good a lot of places in this first game week as it seems like there is a concerted effort to tone down "celebrating" - there have been a lot of teams go in to play one of the schools in Anderson County and not be pleased with the officiating.  

As long as you have officials working in "home" areas you are going to get whining about home cooking.  Happens everywhere, and it's hard for some to see it with their home team biases, and I don't mean that as a put down.  We all see things differently when a team we are heavily emotionally attached to is on the field.  

Best way to fix that is for OR to play us. Then you can't make the claim. Horns up. 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:47 AM, oridgecat said:

HTV,  I never saw anybody whine about home cooking, but that ref crew was horrible, they had a opening night.  Not just the 30 penalties called, but the constant delays in spotting the ball, and delays for no apparent reason at all, just the administration of the game all around. They just had a bad night, and in my opinion, made it about themselves.  Their supervisor of their association was there and that may have added extra pressure on them in addition to opening night.  Bottom line, they had a bad game. 

HTV needs to go back to HGTV and sell his false claims there like the fake products they sell. Horns up. Fold cats Fold

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

Have you seen the QBs from Lenoir City and Campbell County? If so, when did you see them and if not, how can you make such a statement?

Because I’ve seen the talent the OR qb has around him and he still struggles like he’s at a Lenoir city that’s why I make the statement 

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

How long is 13 out for? 

Sorry YB, but only 1.  He's back for Clinton. 

1 hour ago, olecotton said:

Best way to fix that is for OR to play us. Then you can't make the claim. Horns up. 

Go tell your boy Gary Terry, that we have an opening in week 8 next year.  OR will play the Cows, come get you some.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Sorry YB, but only 1.  He's back for Clinton. 

Go tell your boy Gary Terry, that we have an opening in week 8 next year.  OR will play the Cows, come get you some.  

I believe its the other way around we have plenty of openings but the phone line keeps going to voicemail.