Milan @ South Gibson Week 3

Back to football. Milan has thrown the deep ball pretty well this year. I think it is key for South Gibson to play the deep ball well at the corner position with some safety  help over the top. I believe our offense will score enough to win, I am concerned about giving up big plays more than long drives from Milan.

Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, ThaiVol said:

Back to football. Milan has thrown the deep ball pretty well this year. I think it is key for South Gibson to play the deep ball well at the corner position with some safety  help over the top. I believe our offense will score enough to win, I am concerned about giving up big plays more than long drives from Milan.

Thoughts?

Thanks for getting it back to football. You make some good points. I think the key for SG is to control the ball and keep Milan's offense off the field and away from the big play. I think Milan's defense still may be a little suspect at this point, but time will tell. Good luck to both teams and have a good game.

• Like 1

Some interesting similarities between both programs to start the season: Both Milan and South Gibson opened the season against decently talented teams in Trenton and Lexington, both played terrible Memphis teams in their second games that were both over by the second quarter, both have first year starters at quarterback, both have new coaches at the helm who are friends from their time playing together at Martin. 

The difference is Coach Carr is an offensive standout qb at Martin and Coach Johnson is a standout linebacker at Martin. Which team wins? Offense or Defense?

Gonna be a good one to watch and the winner will have the inside track when they face Haywood later in the year.

3 hours ago, ThaiVol said:

Thoughts?

Milan’s offense is extremely versatile this year. I agree with you on the big play. Very explosive and several different play makers. The ability to get vertical has opened up the run game for Milan. Driving the field hasn’t really needed to happen cause the backs are turning short gains into long gains. I hope it continues. The matchups in the secondary will be key like you said. 

• Like 1