DRAGONS @ WILDCATS

92Dragon

2 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

For Clinton to beat Oak Ridge usually 2 things have to happen.Oak Ridge has to be a below avg Oak Ridge team.And Clinton has to have enough non Clinton players to help the roster.I think Oak Ridge will be better than a below avg Oak Ridge team by end of yr but not right now with the injuries.So the stars are aligning for the dragon wagon. It would really be fun to play Clinton in the playoffs.Has that ever happened?

Yeah, usually. That ‘97 team that smacked us around at Blankenship was full of Clinton boys though. Only reason I know is I knew a lot of them personally.

13 hours ago, ipb7 said:

Cotton,

I don't know what year it was, but, AC beat OR at AC when Coach Kerr was there. The following week, a rumor started in OR that Coach Lussier had refused to sign another 2 year contract with AC which irked me.

I happened to run into Ron Brown at the west end Weigel's in OR, he was still AC's AD.

I asked Ron if Lussier refused to re sign and he laughed out loud and said, "no, Larry beat you guys and he will never play OR again, he's going out a winner against you".

We have not played since that season, so I know you guys want to play OR again and it was and would be a fun rivalry, but, it was on your side that it stopped. If Larry had not done that, we'd have played every season since then.

If you think I'm lying, I think Ron is still alive, contact him to see.

I suspect OR will end up signing a new contract with AC here in a year or 2, but, that's a guess.

Great story and history. We just want to play that is all. We believe we're the best in the county and one of the better teams in the state. The problem is guys like GaddyDaddy (JG) are stuck in their old ways of designing to stay on top and instead of a challenge. That is why they don't have more state football championships in recent memory. We want the title of best in the county. 

Just now, olecotton said:

Great story and history. We just want to play that is all. We believe we're the best in the county and one of the better teams in the state. The problem is guys like GaddyDaddy (JG) are stuck in their old ways of designing to stay on top and instead of a challenge. That is why they don't have more state football championships in recent memory. We want the title of best in the county. 

How many football state championships do the Cows have?  Oh that's right, Zero!.  Answer this question please:  if we are scared to play AC, why did we go schedule the team that ends your season every year, Greeneville?

:popcorneater:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

How many football state championships do the Cows have?  Oh that's right, Zero!.  Answer this question please:  if we are scared to play AC, why did we go schedule the team that ends your season every year, Greeneville?

Bingo. In my experience, the ones making the accusations are usually the ones who are the most guilty of the accusations they are directing towards the other party. Anyway, why are AC fans even on a Clinton/OR thread? Go away and bale some hay, or milk some cow boobs cotton.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Swipes said:

If you are talking about the 5starpreps rankings they do each week thats for their coverage area not the entire state so your comment is definitely miss leading.  I'm also wondering what website has Keith ranked 4th?  He does hold a D1 offer but have yet to see any website having him ranked 4th QB in the entire state (If it is out there that person needs to lay off the crack pipe)

I’m talking about the one where it Has alcoa number 1. It covers east Tn area. Still respect to be on there with teams like alcoa, Maryville, and Greenville. I also was saying he’s 4th in passing which is credit that needs to be given to the young man. He was first, but they’re balanced with running the ball too. 

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

You don't call them they call you. Who are we fooling now? 

1 hour ago, olecotton said:

Are you telling me that scheduling Farragut, D-B, Greenville, Mt Juliet, Bearden for non-region games in recent years indicates that OR coaches are afraid of a challenge?

1 hour ago, olecotton said:

Don't listen to these old farts. I been around a long time. And when I see a Good team I see one. I have never heard the media go on and on about this Mav team. Even Locker Room Chat, and one of many states the Mavericks are underrate So we will play again this week with no respect but sooner or later this guys will finally say I knew you were right and some will sneak and say I was telling You all along bandwagons will roll in. Until then Go Mavericks we fighting for you on these boards.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Don't listen to these old farts. I been around a long time. And when I see a Good team I see one. I have never heard the media go on and on about this Mav team. Even Locker Room Chat, and one of many states the Mavericks are underrate So we will play again this week with no respect but sooner or later this guys will finally say I knew you were right and some will sneak and say I was telling You all along bandwagons will roll in. I til then Go Mavericks we fighting for you on these boards.

What the H are you even talking about?