Sunbright at Greenback

orngnblk

Well our boys deserve a website after pulling together for a hard fought good win Fri night.No one including myself thought we had a shot but we did learn a little about how to win fri.So much negativity right now about the hire in the stands and on here myself included but we forget these are Greenback boys and sometimes they can find the will to win because its instilled in them from youth ball up!The offense HAS to find it's way SOON!!The D can only keep you in it so long before our depth will get us.I have said since the beginning of last season-We have talent- BUT every team no matter how talented needs a leader to get over the hardest bumps or you get beat by the teams you shouldn't.I saw that this team has heart and grit,we need more fire at times but we can be successful with this group.The whole staff needs to use each others knowledge of the game and put the plan together-Together!We have to win this game because in all truthfulness wins are gonna be hard to get this year.Knox Webb,Loudon,Coalfield and Oakdale are all winning and we will be hard pressed to come out 2-2 or 1-3 and be healthy!We are starting 3 Freshman and after Fri in my opinion we should be starting 4.The young QB looked mature for his age behind center.#6 the junior is very good with the ball in his hands also.Line play wasnt spectacular but was solid!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well our boys deserve a website after pulling together for a hard fought good win Fri night.No one including myself thought we had a shot but we did learn a little about how to win fri.So much negativity right now about the hire in the stands and on here myself included but we forget these are Greenback boys and sometimes they can find the will to win because its instilled in them from youth ball up!The offense HAS to find it's way SOON!!The D can only keep you in it so long before our depth will get us.I have said since the beginning of last season-We have talent- BUT every team no matter how talented needs a leader to get over the hardest bumps or you get beat by the teams you shouldn't.I saw that this team has heart and grit,we need more fire at times but we can be successful with this group.The whole staff needs to use each others knowledge of the game and put the plan together-Together!We have to win this game because in all truthfulness wins are gonna be hard to get this year.Knox Webb,Loudon,Coalfield and Oakdale are all winning and we will be hard pressed to come out 2-2 or 1-3 and be healthy!We are starting 3 Freshman and after Fri in my opinion we should be starting 4.The young QB looked mature for his age behind center.#6 the junior is very good with the ball in his hands also.Line play wasnt spectacular but was solid!

Congratulations on the VICTORY!!!

Onb,  I think you'll either be 1, 2, or 3 in your region.  We'll probably get Oz, Harriman, or Midway in round one.  I don't know if we have the muscle to win a round 2 or 3 game this year.  Especially with Oakdale hanging 60 a game.  You know they'll want revenge for the butt kicking they took on the roan last year. 

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You will have to keep me up to date on Friday's game. We are going to North Carolina to watch a friends son play. He plays for Robbinsville. 

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Onb,  I think you'll either be 1, 2, or 3 in your region.  We'll probably get Oz, Harriman, or Midway in round one.  I don't know if we have the muscle to win a round 2 or 3 game this year.  Especially with Oakdale hanging 60 a game.  You know they'll want revenge for the butt kicking they took on the roan last year. 

Who has Oakdale played?

7 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Wait a minute KING!Our boys will have something to say about Oakdale,I'm praying that loss last year will provide Tackling fuel for our last game of the season against them.I know it dont set well with me!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

You will have to keep me up to date on Friday's game. We are going to North Carolina to watch a friends son play. He plays for Robbinsville. 

You got brother,have fun.Im on vac  ut looks like I'll make it back.Getting a little excited after watching our D play fri!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You got brother,have fun.Im on vac  ut looks like I'll make it back.Getting a little excited after watching our D play fri!

Think you guys are better than some might think. Oneida is always a tough team to beat and you held them to a very few yards.  I think you can challenge for the region.

23 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Wait a minute KING!Our boys will have something to say about Oakdale,I'm praying that loss last year will provide Tackling fuel for our last game of the season against them.I know it dont set well with me!

I know how it feels.  2006 was the first time we lost to bottom feeders since I've been with the program.  We lost to jellico and the creekers that year.  Something i thought would never happen

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think you guys are better than some might think. Oneida is always a tough team to beat and you held them to a very few yards.  I think you can challenge for the region.

Not sure if we will challenge CF or not but it starts this week and we need to send a message!Oneida just didnt play with a desire to win it seemed like,still cant figure it out.That team they took to wire and led most of the game is a good ball team.Im hoping we have enough for the region but not yet sure.We have an extremely tough month of games.Health will be a factor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I know how it feels.  2006 was the first time we lost to bottom feeders since I've been with the program.  We lost to jellico and the creekers that year.  Something i thought would never happen

Just thinking about it makes me sick.We need to say no more!

• Like 1