David Crockett at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

Hey Crockett, when was the last time a Boone guy was pulling for you?    Unfortunately DB takes this one, but let's not be quite so hasty.....   The Indians are 3-0 and have beaten Tennessee High (1-1), Volunteer (0-3) and MoEast  (1-2)....  These are not exactly what you might call quality wins, so it is very difficult to accurately gauge this DB team.      I'm not completely sold on DB yet until they play Greeneville in a few weeks.    But for this one, let's go DB 38-7

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Hey Crockett, when was the last time a Boone guy was pulling for you?    Unfortunately DB takes this one, but let's not be quite so hasty.....   The Indians are 3-0 and have beaten Tennessee High (1-1), Volunteer (0-3) and MoEast  (1-2)....  These are not exactly what you might call quality wins, so it is very difficult to accurately gauge this DB team.      I'm not completely sold on DB yet until they play Greeneville in a few weeks.    But for this one, let's go DB 38-7

Coaches pretty much cost Crockett the game last night horrendous play calling whole game.

4 minutes ago, Pioneers1982 said:

Coaches pretty much cost Crockett the game last night horrendous play calling whole game.

Well then let's regroup and get it right against the Tribe next week.     As I mentioned earlier, a lot of what we think we know about DB is based on tradition and history, they have not played a quality opponent yet.     Maybe Crockett can find that weakness and expose it.   From what you read on here and elsewhere DB's secondary (defensive backs) is a glaring weakness but they are stout against the run.    Time to air it out next week and see what happens.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Well then let's regroup and get it right against the Tribe next week.     As I mentioned earlier, a lot of what we think we know about DB is based on tradition and history, they have not played a quality opponent yet.     Maybe Crockett can find that weakness and expose it.   From what you read on here and elsewhere DB's secondary (defensive backs) is a glaring weakness but they are stout against the run.    Time to air it out next week and see what happens.

From what I saw our 2s had the biggest issue against their deep balls. Other than 1 or 2 completions I thought our secondary played good. The balls that they caught were pretty well defended. The first touchdown was absolutely lucky by the receiver. Ball was deflected and well played by our corner and bounces right back to the kid. 

Edited by DBKPT93

3 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

From what I saw our 2s had the biggest issue against their deep balls. Other than 1 or 2 completions I thought our secondary played good. The balls that they caught were pretty well defended. The first touchdown was absolutely lucky by the receiver. Ball was deflected and well played by our corner and bounces right back to the kid. 

If I remember correctly the East QB was 4 for 4 and over 100yrds. in the first quarter. That was not against the 2's. DB dialed up the pressure after that and the QB had to hurry his throws, if he didn't get sacked. But the DB secondary did play much better in the third quarter. The 2's in the forth did have trouble defending deep as Mo. East kept their starters in trying to score.