Springfield @ Wilson Central

Kevin38

7 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I just think they were not that great last year and they had a pretty big turnover due to graduation so they are in complete rebuild mode...

Not sure how they were able to beat y’all last year, same thing when they played Lebanon. Other than that, they’ve underperformed. This year they're just downright terrible.

5 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Not sure how they were able to beat y’all last year, same thing when they played Lebanon. Other than that, they’ve underperformed. This year they're just downright terrible.

Call it an excuse but we had 15 starters or at least guys that played a lot out in that game due to covid, but they did what they had to do and won the game, not taking anything away from them...

17 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

I remember this game last year was so frustrating. Both defensive units played well.  Jackets did have players out due to covid but still had chances. Jackets offense struggled. Our kicker really struggled missing an extra pt and missing 3 fgs. Their band played most of the time we were on offense. Revenge :hungry:

A lot of bands do that, Gallatin does it all game. Seems disrespectful but then again I’m not sure if it’s just become more common in today’s game. Idk I wasn’t a nerd band member, not my forte.

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

A lot of bands do that, Gallatin does it all game. Seems disrespectful but then again I’m not sure if it’s just become more common in today’s game. Idk I wasn’t a nerd band member, not my forte.

I only remember they were the only band in a few years that has. I do remember Gallatin doing it some as well. Pearl Cohn has done it. But it wasn’t the reason the Jackets lost to WC last yr.

16 hours ago, brian2000 said:

I remember this game last year was so frustrating. Both defensive units played well.  Jackets did have players out due to covid but still had chances. Jackets offense struggled. Our kicker really struggled missing an extra pt and missing 3 fgs. Their band played most of the time we were on offense. Revenge :hungry:

Our kicking game was definitely off last year.  As he game progressed you could see him getting tighter and tighter

9 hours ago, brian2000 said:

I only remember they were the only band in a few years that has. I do remember Gallatin doing it some as well. Pearl Cohn has done it. But it wasn’t the reason the Jackets lost to WC last yr.

To me it is annoying. I think it takes a lot out of the game. Bands are great and part of what football is all about. 
Playing during the play, I personally don’t care for. Others may like it, I don’t know, but it is not for me. 

1 hour ago, Director said:

To me it is annoying. I think it takes a lot out of the game. Bands are great and part of what football is all about. 
Playing during the play, I personally don’t care for. Others may like it, I don’t know, but it is not for me. 

I just believe it is part of it, when I played most schools did it, the same way the crowd tries to effect the offense, it forces teams to expect it and prepare for it, it makes you better in the long run, jmo...