Heritage at William Blount

BarneySox2007

He represents the thing coaches hate most and constantly have to fight against, players (or in this case a coach) who put themselves before the good of the team. One of, if not the most important lesson football teaches is to put the needs of the team before you're own. Making personal sacrifies for the good of team is what almost every coach tries to teach. In my view, Osovet is about Osovet first, the team second. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Whether they see or hear worse on TV has zero to do with this. You are supposed to put people of character in your classrooms and in your locker rooms especially at this level. This is a completely different situation. If you are to mold and teach young men, this isn't it. 

Not to mention he's portraying something he isn't teaching. Did you read the excerpt from the Daily Times I posted? This is also the coach that used specific quotes from these message boards in his press conference when he was announced as head coach. He cannot himself eliminate outside noise and therefore is instilling more garbage in the heads of these boys. 

We are all allowed to have differing opinions but, like @camppacksaid, GQ wouldn't do this and I'm pretty dang sure Hunt, Nix, Reeves, anybody in the area for that matter isn't making it abundantly clear their team better not embarrass THEM (not the school, but selfishly THEM) by losing a rivalry game.

I would hate to know my son (or grandsons) are sitting in that locker room listening to that trash. Not one thing he said was motivational, not one thing he said had anything to do with actually setting the tone for rising above the 'outside noise'.

I'm sure this morning will be filled with damage control at HHS. 

Not defending Coach O for his words of choice, but clearly you do not watch enough college or NFL. This happens more in the coaching world then down at the base of that mountain. I would adventure out and say this happens at the HS ranks as well. 

Hate to break the news, but this video is not going to make or break heritage recruiting better or worse. Players talk, parents talk. Those players and parents are already not playing at heritage nor will they ever want to. 

Also hate to see this go public because I was pulling for a Heritage win, but now I will have to reshuffle my hand. No one should speak high or less of Coach O. As he is just doing what he knows and where he has came from - Which shows you how that Jeremy Pruitt guy spoke at UT and why he did not last :roflol:

Sidenote: I bet @etcoach @williebgovs04 and the Admin at William Blount are laughing when people attack them about passing on Coach O. They did win that battle. 

Signing out as I need "to go piss hot this AM" 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Not defending Coach O for his words of choice, but clearly you do not watch enough college or NFL. This happens more in the coaching world then down at the base of that mountain. I would adventure out and say this happens at the HS ranks as well. 

Hate to break the news, but this video is not going to make or break heritage recruiting better or worse. Players talk, parents talk. Those players and parents are already not playing at heritage nor will they ever want to. 

Also hate to see this go public because I was pulling for a Heritage win, but now I will have to reshuffle my hand. No one should speak high or less of Coach O. As he is just doing what he knows and where he has came from - Which shows you how that Jeremy Pruitt guy spoke at UT and why he did not last :roflol:

Sidenote: I bet @etcoach @williebgovs04 and the Admin at William Blount are laughing when people attack them about passing on Coach O. They did win that battle. 

Signing out as I need "to go piss hot this AM" 

College and NFL do not have 14 yr olds in their locker rooms. So that argument falls to the wayside.

• Like 2

Just now, hotpiss said:

I'm positive they have heard worse from their mom, dad and social media accounts. 

Like I said before, that's not an argument. Whether these kids have heard worse, doesn't mean the people in position of leading them and guiding them should be acting this way. 

By your standard of argument in this case, then I guess every show on TV, classroom, youth team practices and even the sermon on Sunday morning can include all these words. You know, since they've heard 'em before.