South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, ImaSavage said:

I don't think you do.................I think if you raise them young men correctly... we, and I mean we as americans, are gonna just be fine.

It’s not the kids fault they’re all good kids and going to be good young men they have just been put in a tough position this year. The impact of that might be the loss of the program and that would hurt a lot all because the way things were handled without consideration of the kids except by a few.

9 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

It’s not the kids fault they’re all good kids and going to be good young men they have just been put in a tough position this year. The impact of that might be the loss of the program and that would hurt a lot all because the way things were handled without consideration of the kids except by a few.

youll never see me say, its the kids fault, i'm a players coach...... I teach you , if you do wrong, , I've taught you wrong.. That is my philosophy as I continue to deal with young men who played football at this level and beyond, some are in warcom training...some just playing college football..... Some junkies.... I take responsibility for the junkies and none for the men who represent this country as the tip of the spear......

Hard times create strong men.
Strong Men create Good times.
Good Times create  Weak men.
Weak men create hard times.....

Having grown up with men in college from that area... You have strong men... stay on them make them strong!

7 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Yeah but I’d take what SP has over what Murphy has. Just because of the speed alone. 

I just think it’s really cool these 2 teams are playing. 2 schools traditionally that are the best in their state. Game like this only helps you get ready for the playoffs. Commander don’t use the speed thing. The SMC has heard this for years and years about how they are going to get ran of the field from the schools on the East side of the state. The SMC has over 30 state championships since 1972 when NC went to East vs West. You said something about atmosphere. I would say it’s hard to beat a Swain Murphy game on atmosphere. 

Edited by Appvol
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheCommander said:

We are also missing the point that this game is at the Beene. I can assure you Murphy has never played in an atmosphere like South Pitt.

Murphy has played in some big games. I can't speak to the atmosphere though. I've watched high school football from Florida to Oregon and many states in between and I will agree Beene Stadium can be a special place on Friday's 

25 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Murphy has played in some big games. I can't speak to the atmosphere though. I've watched high school football from Florida to Oregon and many states in between and I will agree Beene Stadium can be a special place on Friday's 

That’s cool. What was it like in Oregon.

All you have to do is look at the roster #'s 50-79 and this will tell you who wins this game or not. It's pretty simple math. 280lb > 200lb. it's the wing T I think from highlights, we don't have some huge dline to stop the run game right at you. If you turn the ball over 1 time with a team eating clock your chances significantly decrease. We haven't ran the ball great all year LV doesn't count. Take the blinders off and you will see what I see. Also we are counting on a lot of freshmen at the moment.

Oh and the football will be a little wet again, hurting our speed. The betting odds aren't in our favor.

Edited by LethalAttack