South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, mhs95 said:
Finally getting around to typing out my thoughts from last night. South Pitt, you guys are a first class outfit. I love the amount of community support for your team. Every light pole in downtown having a Pirates banner on it was really cool. Also really cool that y'all basically shut town down on game night! I had several pleasant interactions with SP fans. All very respectful and willing to talk football for as long as you'd talk lol.

I saw on our high school Facebook page several SP fans checking in and offering support for our fallen player. That means a lot. Nothing but respect for y'all and your program. Good luck the rest of the season, go get you boys another title.

Your boy #28? If so this basin boy tips my hat to him. He stepped up and played hard much respect.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mhs95 said:
Finally getting around to typing out my thoughts from last night. South Pitt, you guys are a first class outfit. I love the amount of community support for your team. Every light pole in downtown having a Pirates banner on it was really cool. Also really cool that y'all basically shut town down on game night! I had several pleasant interactions with SP fans. All very respectful and willing to talk football for as long as you'd talk lol.

I saw on our high school Facebook page several SP fans checking in and offering support for our fallen player. That means a lot. Nothing but respect for y'all and your program. Good luck the rest of the season, go get you boys another title.

Good game to both teams. It could have went either way. My fingers are crossed this stays a series for many more years to come. 

• Upvote 1

Most importantly I pray the young man that suffered the leg injury is doing well.  Let him know he has a lot of folks on this side of the border praying for him.

Now on to the game.  I felt as though Murphy had a slightly better team.  The game was very evenly matched. Murphy mixed the pass and the run a lot better than I had anticipated.  Our inability to pressure their QB most of the game left our secondary vulnerable. Their offense line was the difference in this game.

We actually had a very good opportunity to pull this one out. With 3rd & inches at their 35 yd line with under 6 to go it seemed we had finally wrestled away the momentum. But an untimely false start & failed attempts on 3rd & 6 then 4th & longer just dissipated that opportunity into the night sky.

Last year we were very opportunistic in these situations as we had someone that always would step up & make a play. This year those opportunities will resurface again but we will have to be more vigilant in not committing those penalties as it will be more difficult for this team to overcome. 

Another thing,  playing with emotions is fine. But you gotta learn the difference between being led by your emotions and being controlled by them.  Lead by example.  Play smart. Play for each other. Let's get back to work and get better.  This contest can only make us better if we learn from it.

Go Pirates!!

• Like 3

I know some of you guys were asking so thought I'd give an update.

Our injured player had to have surgery Saturday but got to come home that evening.  He's got a rod in his leg now but should make a full recovery.  Unfortunately his football career is over. He was at practice today and seemed to be in good spirits considering.  

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  They are greatly appreciated.

Edited by mhs95

7 hours ago, mhs95 said:

I know some of you guys were asking so thought I'd give an update.

Our injured player had to have surgery Saturday but got to come home that evening.  He's got a rod in his leg now but should make a full recovery.  Unfortunately his football career is over. He was at practice today and seemed to be in good spirits considering.  

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  They are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the update. I hate that his football days are done but thankfully everything will be ok. 

On 9/10/2022 at 8:26 PM, TheCommander said:

Well in other news Basins little league went 3-1 against Murphy’s little leagues today. Come play us in a couple years at the high school level. 

Murphy's youth league teams rarely are anything special, a lot of Murphy's best athletes don't even start playing until JV level. Youth league literally means nothing 

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

Gosh I’m adopted? You just ruined my life. I’ll be having a honest conversation with my “parents” this afternoon.

LOL.Well he could have just said "Good job Basin "! I have a feeling the Murphy folks dont like CB too much.Wonder why??

Edited by orngnblk