Tennessee AP 5A Poll

BruiseBrother98

15 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Your both correct IMHO.  Our first two  games were  rivalry games.  The Greenbrier game is for the Pitt-Carroll Trophy.  Pitt and Carroll were Robertson County friends who both paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country in Vietnam.  Their deaths happened relatively close in time to each other.  One went to school at Greenbrier and one at Springfield.  

The Clarksville- Springfield game has been played 99 times.

Our third game was a Region game against Clarksville Northeast.  

Our next two games are against Wilson Central and then Kenwood.  Our first real test IMHO will be when Big Red rolls into the JAC.  

I don’t see how Coach Wilson could have scheduled the first two games differently and still honored tradition 

I’m not knocking the scheduling, as these games are historical and need to be played. Rivalry games are what make Friday nights what they are. Only saying they haven’t been tested. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

Gotcha. What about the poachers over at Liberty Creek? What classification do you think they’ll be playing in, say a couple of years? I’m guessing 4A or 5A with the growth over there.

They’ll be irrelevant.

Oh wait, you meant classification.

They’ll be 3A for the next couple years. I think they will end up 4A mid cycle, then potentially 5A. All of that is dependent on what the county does. Right now I have no idea what that will be and it appears they don’t know either. 

3 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Who will be in the new region? Will we move away from Clarksville to Sumner? 

I think it will depend on what the final numbers look like. Station Camp will be on the line of 4A/5A. MJ, Green Hill, and Wilson Central all look to be moving up. It’s really too hard to speculate what the regions will look like. I’m guessing Portland, Springfield, and Beech could potentially end up together. I’m just not sure which direction they go. Hopefully not with the metro schools. 

26 minutes ago, eers said:

I think it will depend on what the final numbers look like. Station Camp will be on the line of 4A/5A. MJ, Green Hill, and Wilson Central all look to be moving up. It’s really too hard to speculate what the regions will look like. I’m guessing Portland, Springfield, and Beech could potentially end up together. I’m just not sure which direction they go. Hopefully not with the metro schools. 

Crazy how the area (metro Nashville) with the most talent is the laughing stock on Coach T. Such a waste of talent all around that area. Overton and McGavock are great examples…. If the right coaching staff went there and got those kids in the weight room, class, practice, etc. they would be much much improved if not a top 10 team.