Tennessee AP 5A Poll

BruiseBrother98

7 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Who will be in the new region? Will we move away from Clarksville to Sumner? 

7 hours ago, eers said:

I think it will depend on what the final numbers look like. Station Camp will be on the line of 4A/5A. MJ, Green Hill, and Wilson Central all look to be moving up. It’s really too hard to speculate what the regions will look like. I’m guessing Portland, Springfield, and Beech could potentially end up together. I’m just not sure which direction they go. Hopefully not with the metro schools. 

I agree with @eers, just depends on numbers. If the Clarksville schools stay about the same then Springfield stays over there, if not idk. Imho Henry county is kinda the wild card. They’re about the only school out that way in 5A until you get to Memphis. Be kinda hard to move us farther East and them west because of travel week in and week out. 

2 hours ago, DbCooper said:

I agree with @eers, just depends on numbers. If the Clarksville schools stay about the same then Springfield stays over there, if not idk. Imho Henry county is kinda the wild card. They’re about the only school out that way in 5A until you get to Memphis. Be kinda hard to move us farther East and them west because of travel week in and week out. 

I’m not sure how true it is but I heard Henry county has some smaller classes coming up the next few years. If they are in the upper part or middle of 5A (student wise) then it won’t make a difference but if they are in the lower 5A, they could possibly drop.

Most of you guys outside the Tri-Cities area have never heard of Daniel Boone HS, but here they are in the top 10.    To date we have not played a great team so there are no what might be called "quality" wins.    However, I suspect all of you have heard of 4A state champion Elizabethton....   Elizabethton is down this year for sure, but if Boone can beat them tomorrow night do you think we are deserving of a top 10 ranking?

14 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Most of you guys outside the Tri-Cities area have never heard of Daniel Boone HS, but here they are in the top 10.    To date we have not played a great team so there are no what might be called "quality" wins.    However, I suspect all of you have heard of 4A state champion Elizabethton....   Elizabethton is down this year for sure, but if Boone can beat them tomorrow night do you think we are deserving of a top 10 ranking?

Not yet.  Your score lines  have been impressive but it’s just tricky with East Tn ball. Looking at your schedule if you go 9-1/10-0 I think at that point you might be a legit contender.

1 hour ago, Patriots186 said:

I’m not sure how true it is but I heard Henry county has some smaller classes coming up the next few years. If they are in the upper part or middle of 5A (student wise) then it won’t make a difference but if they are in the lower 5A, they could possibly drop.

They’re going to be 5A for the next 4 years and will remain out there on an island with no one in close proximity.

We should have some preliminary numbers soon… which will allow all the whining, complaining, and speculating to begin. :roflol:

5 hours ago, Patriots186 said:

I believe Henry County is in the mid to upper enrollment wise 5A. I don’t think they will drop to 4A. However, the population boom in middle Tennessee will definitely have some changes in the next classification.

1 hour ago, SEC1rules said:

I believe Henry County is in the mid to upper enrollment wise 5A. I don’t think they will drop to 4A. However, the population boom in middle Tennessee will definitely have some changes in the next classification.

Yep the many people fleeing the crime ridden cities like Chicago, NYC and anywhere in Cali…. Nashville is slowly regressing into a crap city.

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Just curious as to who you are mad at Double R? Sounds personal….. Give me the Pats by a trickle btw….

Definitely not mad. They know who they are. They keep me up at night tho. So I send a little shade their way. It’s all in good fun and something to do waiting for Fridays

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Anytime you knock off Betsy, you have taken down a giant. Good luck tomorrow!

17 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yep the many people fleeing the crime ridden cities like Chicago, NYC and anywhere in Cali…. Nashville is slowly regressing into a crap city.

What they’re doing is selling their houses back home for nearly a million dollars and coming here and buying homes 2x as big for half the price. 

Nashville is still a great city, but it’s becoming unrecognizable, and long timers are being priced out.