When will the Mavericks get respect?

olecotton

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I can only base it on real time and how they treat 2 teams that have been in the finals 8 times with 6 championship gold balls. So Alcoa’ massive collection of gold balls are irrelevant to certain Mavs. 1. If your a fan from one of these schools you are lying or insincere if you say something nice or brag about the Mavs. 2. They will talk like they own you and you have nothing. 3. They won’t respect you and then scream to the high heavens they need respect at a level well above you, while not having been to even the semis let alone the big show.

The good news, some Mav fans are getting on here and are showing some great insight and are more grounded. Mav fans are good fans and 2 or 3 are rabid.

I’ll say it again. Anderson County is a great program, Coach Gilliam a great player in his day and a very good football coach. And AC maybe favored over GHS. If Anderson County makes the finals I will be pulling hard for them  regardless of Olecotton.

Great post.  AC has some people that make everybody hate them.  Coaches and admin are especially guilty of this. Unfortunately their attitude is contagious and some of the kids pick up the same entitled attitude.  

Unfortunately we have some on the staff that have outright lied on this board about kids in other schools. And you want respect?!?!

• Thanks 1

It's pretty simple AC does have a lot to offer. But no team will get respect until they have completed the full Journey. But the full Journey for AC is to beat Greeneville and then they would need to win the state in that order. Once completed then AC will start to get respect. If AC should win the state without playing Greeneville this year, I wouldn't feel we have made the full Journey. Just IMO since I am always the one eating Crow for the Holidays.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

On 9/9/2022 at 8:47 PM, Foxman43 said:

At the end of the day, if you put that W in the column, that’s all that matters. We’ve always been that little cow patch North of Knoxville, to the media. There isn’t another school to be found anywhere I’ve searched, that has the environment, show, and winning tradition that AC does. Just smile that we have it so good. Everyone leaves our stadium wishing they had what we do, whether they admit it or not. Who wouldn’t want our intro with a professional fireworks show? 

It’s great to be a part of The Herd!

Amen! Fire me up on a Friday! The passion is on the sidelines when you see players that love the game this much. 

19 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

It's pretty simple AC does have a lot to offer. But no team will get respect until they have completed the full Journey. But the full Journey for AC is to beat Greeneville and then they would need to win the state in that order. Once completed then AC will start to get respect. If AC should win the state without playing Greeneville this year, I wouldn't feel we have made the full Journey. Just IMO since I am always the one eating Crow for the Holidays.

I believe this is the year. Greeneville struggled with Morristown West. 

On 9/9/2022 at 10:28 PM, osunut2 said:

I'm probably just repeating what a lot of other folks on the T are thinking, but when you create a thread like this one, you aren't helping your cause. And seeing so many new AC troll accounts on the T this season doesn't help either.

Let your success do the talking, and the respect will come.

Who are the troll accounts you speak of? Being a Powell fan you would think you would stay in your own lane after we beat you. 

1 hour ago, olecotton said:

We won against a 5A team.

The rest of the schedule should be smooth sailing minus Betsy and Bearden.  

5a Powell 2-2  seem to be down this year or maybe a little over hyped to begin with??

5a Karns 3-1 look at who they’ve beat

5a Rhea County 0-3 which is probably the better of the 2 teams above and they gave the Mavs all they wanted. 

Have a good day :thumb: 

Edited by Romansfive8

1 hour ago, Moogitonover said:

I believe this is the year. Greeneville struggled with Morristown West. 

Greeneville outgained Mo West by 200 yards but need to clean up penalties.  Your on here saying we struggled with a 3-0 team who was actually ranked in the Top 10 in 5a.  What happened with you all struggling with RC an 0-3 not ranked 5a team?  

• Like 1