When will the Mavericks get respect?

olecotton

18 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Polls are worth nothing to start with.It's good to bring out the best in your competition like a big bullseye,but will get you zero at the end of the day.I wouldn't care what someone voting around the state thinks about my team.AC has a nice program and has had some of the best teams in 4a over the last several years.Unfortunately,there have been some great Knoxville area teams along with Greeneville and Betsy at the same time.There are a bunch of great 3A programs that have had to play Alcoa over the years,just the same.AC will get it's break one of these days but I wouldn't give two cents about some poll until that happens.

AC had the opportunity to have Alcoa on their schedule last year and this year, but declined to accept the challenge…..:thumb: 

IMO this year will be AC best chance to go to state. Everyone can see that everyone on AC schedule is rebuilding or just not that good. Betsy is down this year. Greeneville is down compare to previous years. But still AC will need to beat them and imo this will be there best chance. We should win easily the rest of the games on the schedule except one Bearden and I’m anxious to see how we do against them. 

9 hours ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

IMO this year will be AC best chance to go to state. Everyone can see that everyone on AC schedule is rebuilding or just not that good. Betsy is down this year. Greeneville is down compare to previous years. But still AC will need to beat them and imo this will be there best chance. We should win easily the rest of the games on the schedule except one Bearden and I’m anxious to see how we do against them. 

Betsy is down on offense, way down.... but if you think they will be an easy win you better think again

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

What do you think Anderson County will do when Alcoa moves to 4A? :popcorneater:

I can only base it on real time and how they treat 2 teams that have been in the finals 8 times with 6 championship gold balls. So Alcoa’ massive collection of gold balls are irrelevant to certain Mavs. 1. If your a fan from one of these schools you are lying or insincere if you say something nice or brag about the Mavs. 2. They will talk like they own you and you have nothing. 3. They won’t respect you and then scream to the high heavens they need respect at a level well above you, while not having been to even the semis let alone the big show.

The good news, some Mav fans are getting on here and are showing some great insight and are more grounded. Mav fans are good fans and 2 or 3 are rabid.

I’ll say it again. Anderson County is a great program, Coach Gilliam a great player in his day and a very good football coach. And AC maybe favored over GHS. If Anderson County makes the finals I will be pulling hard for them  regardless of Olecotton.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1