LENOIR CITY @ OAK RIDGE HOMECOMING

bonkers

18 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Oak Ridge should bounce back tonight and take care of business. Once OR scores the first couple of touchdowns, the floodgates will open.

Oak Ridge 42  LC 7

I like your pick 92.  Just think people don't take the seriousness of the injury problems in OR. Some of the guys may not come back this season. Or they may all come back in two weeks. Coach Cummings, the Staff and team can really use us right now.

I know we are building depth with all the injuries and that is great. It is also frustrating.

RWR! FOR. THE. RIDGE.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

"Wamplers Wamplers makes good sausage made on the farm in Tennessee Wamplers Wamplers makes good sausage but has a bad football team in Lenior City". Miss them playing William Blount in the annual Sausage Bowl Classic to find out what team was the biggest Ham that year.

They have been bad for years, but I really respect their fan base. I went to the game @ LC last year, and I sat and watched a guy cheer them on every play, even when they’d give up a 75 yard touchdown. He was the most positive human being I think I’ve ever seen in such a bleak situation as that. I wish I could be that great of a fan for OR, but I’ll be the first one to admit that I’m terrible at times. I admire folks like that. It’s easy being a fan for a perennial winner.

Edited by SweetScience

Hopefully things like fumbles and interceptions were worked out in practice and the film room this last week and the Wildcats can come out fast and take care of business against LC. If not, this could be closer than they want and this is the last game in the schedule that they will be heavily favored, they have a week off after this, then at Powell, Greeneville, Karns and at Dobyns-Bennett before finishing at Campbell County, Hopefully the injured will be back for Powell next week, Cats win vs LC 35-7.

4 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Hopefully things like fumbles and interceptions were worked out in practice and the film room this last week and the Wildcats can come out fast and take care of business against LC. If not, this could be closer than they want and this is the last game in the schedule that they will be heavily favored, they have a week off after this, then at Powell, Greeneville, Karns and at Dobyns-Bennett before finishing at Campbell County, Hopefully the injured will be back for Powell next week, Cats win vs LC 35-7.

If you watched coaches corner, coach said that they worked a lot on special teams and taking care of the ball. We have zero interceptions thus far through four games so hopefully that trend continues. I also heard we may be getting one of our players back this week. We will see if he plays. Hopefully it’s a clean game, we open up the playbook, and our defense does well again. 

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

They have been bad for years, but I really respect their fan base. I went to the game @ LC last year, and I sat and watched a guy cheer them on every play, even when they’d give up a 75 yard touchdown. He was the most positive human being I think I’ve ever seen in such a bleak situation as that. I wish I could be that great of a fan for OR, but I’ll be the first one to admit that I’m terrible at times. I admire folks like that. It’s easy being a fan for a perennial winner.

Admirable!  Probably the one guy in the stands that truly "gets it".

• Like 2

I'm not sure what to make of what I just saw. I'm just glad it's over. We had too many penalties, we lost a starting LB, we lost a QB, and I'm pretty sure we had 2-3 turnovers, and I think I saw an official signal another starter of ours ejected. No grades and no further comments. Let's get ready for Powell...they barely beat Clinton