Week 6 Springfield (5-0) vs Rossview (2-3)

brian2000

Homecoming for the Jackets. Little useless nugget but both  teams have 3 common opponents. Ross beat Wilson C. 16-14,  lost to NE 20-34 and Clarksville 10-35. Jackets beat Wilson 35-10,  NE 50-14 and Clarksville 34-0. Ross avg score 15-28 against the 3. Jackets avg is 42-8. 

This game last yr was a repulsive 14-7 win for the Jackets. But this yr Im going 42-7

On 9/16/2022 at 11:57 PM, brian2000 said:

Homecoming for the Jackets. Little useless nugget but both  teams have 3 common opponents. Ross beat Wilson C. 16-14,  lost to NE 20-34 and Clarksville 10-35. Jackets beat Wilson 35-10,  NE 50-14 and Clarksville 34-0. Ross avg score 15-28 against the 3. Jackets avg is 42-8. 

This game last yr was a repulsive 14-7 win for the Jackets. But this yr Im going 42-7

I say the Jackets score late in the 4th to make the score 65-0 and Coach Wilson chooses to go for a 2 point conversion 

59 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Oooooo weeee that sounds personal :popcorneater:

Yeah they ran up the score on the Jackets some years back when they were way down, Coach Wilson won't do it though, he puts more emphasis on getting the younger players on the field to get some game experience. Personally I don't care, we should win and that's all I care about...

7 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Yeah they ran up the score on the Jackets some years back when they were way down, Coach Wilson won't do it though, he puts more emphasis on getting the younger players on the field to get some game experience. Personally I don't care, we should win and that's all I care about...

I’d bet the farm y’all come away with a easy W. I agree you can’t replicate real game play in practice.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I agree. Will probably be something similar to the Kenwood game. 

Edited by brian2000

6 hours ago, RollRed said:

Oooooo weeee that sounds personal :popcorneater:

I called this game on our local radio station many years ago. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  After the game, the Clarksville Rossville Coaches also keep their hands in their pockets and refused to shake hands with the Jacket coaches. They walked past the Jacket coaches leaving them standing at the 50 yard line with their hands extended.  That’s enough I feel my blood pressure going up again.  

I harbor no grudge against this year’s Clarksville Rossville coaches or players.  I hope all the Jackets players get some game minutes since it’s Homecoming and we win by at least 1 point. Go Jackets 

15 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I called this game on our local radio station many years ago. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  After the game, the Clarksville Rossville Coaches also keep their hands in their pockets and refused to shake hands with the Jacket coaches. They walked past the Jacket coaches leaving them standing at the 50 yard line with their hands extended.  That’s enough I feel my blood pressure going up again.  

I harbor no grudge against this year’s Clarksville Rossville coaches or players.  I hope all the Jackets players get some game minutes since it’s Homecoming and we win by at least 1 point. Go Jackets 

Always a gentleman. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over this game. Rossview is not ready for this Friday night. Jackets call their own score. I’m guessing fresh jerseys on the field after the half. We’re just hoping for an injury free game for both of our teams. 

38 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Always a gentleman. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over this game. Rossview is not ready for this Friday night. Jackets call their own score. I’m guessing fresh jerseys on the field after the half. We’re just hoping for an injury free game for both of our teams. 

Yes, I agree,  I want us both to have our very best available when we play each other.  I circled these two games in my mind before the season started. I expect us to split and us to finish the year at 9-1