Cland vs Cosby

THE KING

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Says alot to have a JV team.We couldn't.

When I was a freshman, we lost every jv game on the schedule but by the time we were juniors we were winning at the varsity level.  I can honestly say that was one of the best coaching staffs ever at cland.  Coach Winters, keith, Barnett, and Oaks would never let us off the hook in practice.  We did tackling drills that were brutal and we had to do them until we started tackling correctly.  That meant staying after dark a few times.  We would hit the 5 man sled with the correct form and drive that sled until we couldn't feel our legs.  And we did it over and over and over until it was like breathing.  I remember the 2 on 2 with a ball carrier and us having to stay between the tackling dummies and if we ran scared, we had to do up downs.  They made us run the football with no fear against varsity players.  

32 minutes ago, THE KING said:

When I was a freshman, we lost every jv game on the schedule but by the time we were juniors we were winning at the varsity level.  I can honestly say that was one of the best coaching staffs ever at cland.  Coach Winters, keith, Barnett, and Oaks would never let us off the hook in practice.  We did tackling drills that were brutal and we had to do them until we started tackling correctly.  That meant staying after dark a few times.  We would hit the 5 man sled with the correct form and drive that sled until we couldn't feel our legs.  And we did it over and over and over until it was like breathing.  I remember the 2 on 2 with a ball carrier and us having to stay between the tackling dummies and if we ran scared, we had to do up downs.  They made us run the football with no fear against varsity players.  

One of my all time favorite drills.Sad the kids cant partake in the drills we used.Bull in the ring,the board,Oklahomas.Practices were nasty especially on Wednesdays.Lord Honey!I was one of the crazies I loved camp,practices and spring ball while most hated it.We had those same type coaches that's why we won!I didnt play much JV cause my size they moved me up but the few I played in I loved.Football sure has changed.

1 minute ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

It’s their varsity minus about 7-8 kids. So right about 18 players. Hv jv beat them like 46-0 

I guess girls athletics will be the diamond of the freshmen class.  Once Cloudland jr peewee gets to high school,  we'll be a contender again especially the grasscutters.  That's the most gifted bunch I've seen since Mark Byrds group

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I guess girls athletics will be the diamond of the freshmen class.  Once Cloudland jr peewee gets to high school,  we'll be a contender again especially the grasscutters.  That's the most gifted bunch I've seen since Mark Byrds group

Yepp, can’t wait for some girls basketball. Should be some really good games in district 1A this year.