West TN Rural Top 10 Week 6

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

23 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hey SippyCup. Long time no see. We’re you at the game?  What is your opinion on The Stanks and the Rebels??

Yes sir I was able to see that one.  I think we can all agree that there is a fair amount of kinks that need to be worked out in the first game of the season.  Huntingdon's line didn't seem to be up to the typical standard we are used to seeing year to year and that allowed McKenzie's d-line to control the line of scrimmage and McKenzie's athleticism just wore out the Huntingdon defense and McKenzie was victorious by a pretty easy margin.  I do believe even a few stank supporters here in the threads admitted as much.

That being said both teams have improved since that game.  H-towns backs seem to have finally picked up how to run the offense fluidly and that has shown in the rushing stats the past few weeks.  Line must be blocking their assignments as well.  The offense the stanks run relies heavily on discipline and hitting your assignment.  If a team is able to get some penetration on them as McKenzie did the first game and disrupt that discipline you can/will be successful against them.  Thing is that calls for you to be disciplined on the defense side against them.  If a d-lineman or OLB takes the bait on a fake it easily leads to a stank TD.  Watch out for their little PA roll out passes to the TE.  Ive seen many backers get caught in no mans land deciding whether to cover or attack the QB and make the wrong decision.     

McKenzie has athletes all over the field.  Cassidy and Taylor are the cream of the crop but don't discount their other skill guys.  Heck even the kick-off only kicker who played kicker all last season is now on the field making plays as a wide receiver.  Taylor will razzle dazzle and run for 200 yards but they also have a RB (#12 or 13) that would rather steamroll a linebacker than score a TD.  Now that their all state MLB is back (was hurt versus H-Town and maybe the 2nd game too) their defense is rolling.  Depth at the skill positions will be a great advantage for them come playoffs.

Best thing about HS football BPM is that we can all entertain each other with the talk on coacht but everything gets settled on the field under the lights!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NigCuppy said:

You must have been drunk

On 9/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, 1983 said:

We shall see but I also think Huntingdon plays Mckenzie much better later in the season.  Mustangs are such a young team I wouldn’t put much into that game one loss to a veteran McKenzie team.

You talking about this?  This McKenzie team is the best team in the history of that program and the best shot to win state championship for the foreseeable future for them.  They will go 15-0 and win it most likely.  I didn’t say Mustangs would win but it would be more competitive later in season. 

Ate you the same one that had some crow with your McKenzie-Huntingdon middle school prediction. You were way off on that one

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If you’re going to put Munford at 2, (which is basically #1 because they can’t top Haywood unless the Tomcats lose) then put Covington back in the top 10 and drop Dresden. Hardin County lost to USJ and still on the list. 

Trying to understand you logic. I have seen Munford live. They are the goods. Beat down Covington and honestly aside from Munford Covington really hasn’t played anyone. Hardin did lose to USJ but it was a close game in which if there were a couple mins left Hardin could have won. They were making a big comeback. I think USJ and Hardin are very even with us why I have them 7 and 8 respectively. Dresden hasn’t played anyone but they are leading the state in scoring regardless of class. Also in the top 10 in fewest points scored regardless off class. That’s impressive. I don’t care who they’ve played. 

On 9/20/2022 at 1:49 PM, RexKwonDo said:

I could see putting Milan @ 10 and undefeated Dresden @ 9 but there is no evidence to putting any of them in front of Dresden at the moment. I bet Dresden  plays  McKenzie a lot closer than Huntingdon did.

It will be a close game for sure and I'm definitely not going to count Dresden out. It was a 23-14 game last year. Could be even closer this year

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Trying to understand you logic. I have seen Munford live. They are the goods. Beat down Covington and honestly aside from Munford Covington really hasn’t played anyone. Hardin did lose to USJ but it was a close game in which if there were a couple mins left Hardin could have won. They were making a big comeback. I think USJ and Hardin are very even with us why I have them 7 and 8 respectively. Dresden hasn’t played anyone but they are leading the state in scoring regardless of class. Also in the top 10 in fewest points scored regardless off class. That’s impressive. I don’t care who they’ve played. 

BPM, you're a fan of a stat that is tough to read. Why? Because teams like to run of the scores while others don't. Nobody cares about who lead the state in scoring. I mean nobody. If Dresden fans care about that, then I'll deliver a trophy to them in November and put it beside their state championship trophy. 

But McEwen is like 2nd/3rd in the state in that list as well. Cool for them, they need something to brag about. They beat Bruceton 76-12 I believe. So, what's the difference between them beating Bruceton 49-12 to 76-12? Did those extra 27 points in junk time prove you something different? 

Dresden's schedule is bad. Laughable bad. I saw them in a preseason scrimmage, and I do believe they're good (not on McKenzie and Peabody's level. Like I don't think they're "that" good just yet). 

But Covington has played 3 opponents with a .500 record or better (it'll be 4 unless Millington lose to Northpoint). Dresden has only played one opponent, and it'll still be at one after Friday night.

9 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

BPM, you're a fan of a stat that is tough to read. Why? Because teams like to run of the scores while others don't. Nobody cares about who lead the state in scoring. I mean nobody. If Dresden fans care about that, then I'll deliver a trophy to them in November and put it beside their state championship trophy. 

But McEwen is like 2nd/3rd in the state in that list as well. Cool for them, they need something to brag about. They beat Bruceton 76-12 I believe. So, what's the difference between them beating Bruceton 49-12 to 76-12? Did those extra 27 points in junk time prove you something different? 

Dresden's schedule is bad. Laughable bad. I saw them in a preseason scrimmage, and I do believe they're good (not on McKenzie and Peabody's level. Like I don't think they're "that" good just yet). 

But Covington has played 3 opponents with a .500 record or better (it'll be 4 unless Millington lose to Northpoint). Dresden has only played one opponent, and it'll still be at one after Friday night.

Just remember nobody blew Dresden out last year except a Ty Simpson Westview team. They are leaps and bounds better this year than last year. Last year Hodge came in late and had no off season with this team look at the results since then. Not saying we are the most dominant team in 1a but we deserve more respect than what has been given. Our Defense is legit and our starting Qb( who is also our starting mlb) is a kid nobody wants to meet in a gap. Keep sleeping on Dresden they may suprise you.

25 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Just remember nobody blew Dresden out last year except a Ty Simpson Westview team. They are leaps and bounds better this year than last year. Last year Hodge came in late and had no off season with this team look at the results since then. Not saying we are the most dominant team in 1a but we deserve more respect than what has been given. Our Defense is legit and our starting Qb( who is also our starting mlb) is a kid nobody wants to meet in a gap. Keep sleeping on Dresden they may suprise you.

No one is sleeping on Dresden. They should just play someone besides Dukedom before picking out the font for the gold ball. 

30 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Dresden deserve more respect than what has been given? Why?