West TN Rural Top 10 Week 6

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I could see putting Milan @ 10 and undefeated Dresden @ 9 but there is no evidence to putting any of them in front of Dresden at the moment. I bet Dresden  plays  McKenzie a lot closer than Huntingdon did.

I think they evidence is Dresdens strength of schedule. Their opponents W/L record is horrible. Having said that one thing that impresses me and is why I put Dresden in the top 10 this week is they lead the state in scoring per game at over 50pts per game. That’s all teams and all classes. That’s impressive to me. 

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I understand your logic. Henry and Munford in potential playoff game would be a good one. 

That should take place in rd 3 and will be a barn burner. I think Munford will be there. Will be interesting to see how HC matches up with Springfield. That would be the only road block to a Munford/HC match up happening. 

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I could see putting Milan @ 10 and undefeated Dresden @ 9 but there is no evidence to putting any of them in front of Dresden at the moment. I bet Dresden  plays  McKenzie a lot closer than Huntingdon did.

We shall see but I also think Huntingdon plays Mckenzie much better later in the season.  Mustangs are such a young team I wouldn’t put much into that game one loss to a veteran McKenzie team.

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Having said that one thing that impresses me and is why I put Dresden in the top 10 this week is they lead the state in scoring per game at over 50pts per game.

I'm sure I should know, but I don't.  Is there a link to where you can find a ranked list of scoring per game? 

Edited by stacmot

58 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I'm sure I should know, but I don't.  Is there a link to where you can find a ranked list of scoring per game? 

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/sport.cfm?sportid=1

Once you click on the link and scroll down and you’ll see it. You can also access it on the Coach T homepage

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think they evidence is Dresdens strength of schedule. Their opponents W/L record is horrible. Having said that one thing that impresses me and is why I put Dresden in the top 10 this week is they lead the state in scoring per game at over 50pts per game. That’s all teams and all classes. That’s impressive to me. 

Of course we are impressive!!!! Roll Lions

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 1983 said:

We shall see but I also think Huntingdon plays Mckenzie much better later in the season.  Mustangs are such a young team I wouldn’t put much into that game one loss to a veteran McKenzie team.

Huntingdon is always stronger as the year goes on. Or at least the time I've been following HS football.

59 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/sport.cfm?sportid=1

Once you click on the link and scroll down and you’ll see it. You can also access it on the Coach T homepage

Thanks.  I have to admit I rarely pay attention to the homepage.  I usually go straight to the message boards.  I guess I should pay more attention to the info available there.  Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:14 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here are the updated rankings. A little slow about getting them out this week so sorry about the delay. 

1.  Haywood 4-0

2.  Munford 5-0

3.  Henry Co. 3-2

T4. McKenzie 5-0

T4.  Union City 5-0

6.  South Gibson 4-1

7.  USJ 4-1

8. Hardin Co. 4-1

9. Peabody 4-1

10.  Dresden 5-0

Outside Looking In:  Huntingdung 4-1, Milan 4-1, Covington 4-1, Riverside 4-1, JCS 4-0, Obion Co. 3-2

Let me hear what you all think. 

If you’re going to put Munford at 2, (which is basically #1 because they can’t top Haywood unless the Tomcats lose) then put Covington back in the top 10 and drop Dresden. Hardin County lost to USJ and still on the list.