Tullahoma @ Peal-Cohn

MountRushmore1

I have always seen over the years that most high school coaches do not get fired over wins and losses unless it is for a long period of time or at a private school.  (Look a Lawrenceburg and Coffee county over the years).  If you do not watch the locker room, the classroom and keep your hands off of players or students, you will get fired.  No supervision in the locker room will get you every time no matter who your mom, dad or an AD protecting you are.  Most locker rooms have a coach or two that watch the locker room after practice until the players are gone so this doesn't happen.   Players Taking pics/videos of each other exposed and harassing younger players,  without consent and no  supervision and a poor season will get u fired.  Looks like they may rest some of their guys against PC so they can try to get a few Ws against lesser teams after PC game to try and make the playoffs.  

PC by as many as they can score

In Tullahoma if they like you and u brown nose enough u might survive but if they are on the fence with u to begin with u are gone.  It is like one time when they were in the state baseball tournament and got put out.  Girls staying in the rooms and alcohol in the rooms after the game. No supervision.  One of the coaches is a principal now and one player is a coach now.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:24 AM, IPOPU2022 said:

I believe the Public (Tax Payers) have an absolute right to Know what’s going on with their Football Program. And whether the decision was fair and just. 
Or whether it was a Kangaroo Court decision by a few people including the Superintendent. Regardless the Facts of this situation should be made public. And if these suspensions were in fact reasonable and justified so be it. 
But if they were in fact too severe or otherwise poorly resolved the public has an absolute right to transparency in this situation. To either agree with the ultimate decision or condemn it. 
This “no comment” position is complete BS. 

Tell everyone you've never heard of FERPA, without actually saying "I've never heard of FERPA".  LOL.

1 hour ago, MountRushmore1 said:

I have always seen over the years that most high school coaches do not get fired over wins and losses unless it is for a long period of time or at a private school.  (Look a Lawrenceburg and Coffee county over the years).  If you do not watch the locker room, the classroom and keep your hands off of players or students, you will get fired.  No supervision in the locker room will get you every time no matter who your mom, dad or an AD protecting you are.  Most locker rooms have a coach or two that watch the locker room after practice until the players are gone so this doesn't happen.   Players Taking pics/videos of each other exposed and harassing younger players,  without consent and no  supervision and a poor season will get u fired.  Looks like they may rest some of their guys against PC so they can try to get a few Ws against lesser teams after PC game to try and make the playoffs.  

PC by as many as they can score

In Tullahoma if they like you and u brown nose enough u might survive but if they are on the fence with u to begin with u are gone.  It is like one time when they were in the state baseball tournament and got put out.  Girls staying in the rooms and alcohol in the rooms after the game. No supervision.  One of the coaches is a principal now and one player is a coach now.

Lot of truth to this. Someone's head will end up on the chopping block while some will go unscathed. 

First of all PC will win big and have a great night celebrating.

Secondly I don’t have a kid on the team, but I personally want them to be successful and life to be fair; but, it doesn’t always work that way.

I am as curious as the next person; but, Its not anyones business as to what has happened except for those involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

First of all PC will win big and have a great night celebrating.

Secondly I don’t have a kid on the team, but I personally want them to be successful and life to be fair; but, it doesn’t always work that way.

I am as curious as the next person; but, Its not anyones business as to what has happened except for those involved.

Short and to the point...this guy should be an administrator.

+1

On 9/21/2022 at 4:37 PM, wornoutwildcat said:

Getting to play high school football is a privilege. And young men and young ladies must conduct themselves properly to get to enjoy that privilege. The coaches are entrusted with the responsibility to see that this occurs. football is a team sport and coaches are part of the team. if part of the team fails to live up to expectations then the whole team shares in the burden. being a good coach means sometimes having to decide to swallow a bitter pill for the good of the program. You are often judged as to how you handle adverse situations such as the THS program is currently undergoing. I will make no allowances for the program as of the Pearl-Cohn game this season other than to say that if the coaches will call plays that the current roster can execute and not try to be the Dallas freaking cowboys on Friday night it could be a really close game. There are players still dressing out with a ton of ability and can play ball. But in  3 of the four games and a scrimmage i've watched this season, the coaches, mainly OC, don't know how to use what they have to work with. They have the wrong kids in the wrong spots. And they just want to call the plays the kids playing can't execute well. As of today I give the firebirds a 5 touchdown advantage. I expect the mercy clock to run 2 full quarters. 

You are exactly right, the OC Coach struggles.  He wants the line he had last year but that is not what he has.  He needs to get the athletes in the right spot starting with removing the quarterback he is trying to start every game.  The kid cannot step up and play.  He has 8 interceptions and 1 passing touchdown for the season.  This is not going to work.  Put the Tomlin kid at QB, he went in because this same kid could not cut it in middle school and the middle school team ended up having a great season.  Tomlin is Sisk's best option for QB to save what is left of his season.  Tell me why you would leave the kid you have in starting with the performance to date?  A bad OC Coach, the only explanation.  

They got the strongest hardest to tackle kid on the team playing linebacker. If he was running back and they controlled the time of possession by just pounding the ball down the field until they figure out what QB to try they wouldn't need him at linebacker. They would stay on offence 3/4 of the game. he's at linebacker 3/4 of the game because they only ran 2 plays in the whole 3rd quarter against Creekwood. They got another kid that played running back in the Elite football league and they put him in a 77 jersey. He hasn't even played. Might be one of the strongest 14 year olds in the state.  Let him have the ball and see what happens. he's got way too much speed to stand on that line. I just see them on Friday why can't the coaches that see them everyday figure it out?

46 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

They got the strongest hardest to tackle kid on the team playing linebacker. If he was running back and they controlled the time of possession by just pounding the ball down the field until they figure out what QB to try they wouldn't need him at linebacker. They would stay on offence 3/4 of the game. he's at linebacker 3/4 of the game because they only ran 2 plays in the whole 3rd quarter against Creekwood. They got another kid that played running back in the Elite football league and they put him in a 77 jersey. He hasn't even played. Might be one of the strongest 14 year olds in the state.  Let him have the ball and see what happens. he's got way too much speed to stand on that line. I just see them on Friday why can't the coaches that see them everyday figure it out?

Agree with you 100%.  They don't want to figure it out, they have made promises to other kids and parents.  You have a Senior on the sidelines who can lift 500 lbs riding the bench every week, it is absolutely ridiculous.  Put that kid on the line!  We need him.  You have a State Champion track kid riding the bench every week, put him in the game.  We need kids with speed!  

Coach Sisk needs to be his own man and get away from the AD still calling the shots, well his boys calling the shots on Friday nights, and the boys keeping the promises made.  Coach Sisk get it together and make your own decisions or you will find yourself building a good team finally after years of hard work and losses and being replaced by one of the boys to take the winning season.  Maybe that is the plan, Sisk takes the building years and then one of the boys steps in to take the winning season, sounds about right.  Sisk can take control if he will.  Tullahoma is behind you, Sisk, but you have to step up and make your own decisions.  Take an inventory of what you have yourself, stop listening to the boys.  It is not working.  You have the talent and you have the community behind you, now is the time.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 5:28 PM, Swipes said:

Will everyone stop beating around the dang bush and just state why these players have been held out? (Don't tell me you don't know either with all the undertones in these comments).  I have never heard of a 30 day suspension either and if you going to suspend them for 30 days you might has well just kicked them off the team 

This is the rumor but sounds about right.

Young player not taught basics of using a cell phone or human decency posted something inappropriate with cell phone, got caught, mother said my little angel would never do that on his own, mother threw coaches under bus, mother threw teammates under bus, ratted out group chat kids on team used to communicate.  You can only imagine what was on that group chat if you have ever parented teenage boys with cell phones, kids punished.    

Trouble with kids today, parents and kids don't take responsibility for their own actions, it's always someone else's fault.  Teach your kids.  If you don't, take your punishment and keep your mouth shut.  Your actions are your own, don't drag others down with you because you didn't parent your child and your child made a bad choice.

1 hour ago, DigDug301 said:

This is the rumor but sounds about right.

Young player not taught basics of using a cell phone or human decency posted something inappropriate with cell phone, got caught, mother said my little angel would never do that on his own, mother threw coaches under bus, mother threw teammates under bus, ratted out group chat kids on team used to communicate.  You can only imagine what was on that group chat if you have ever parented teenage boys with cell phones, kids punished.    

Trouble with kids today, parents and kids don't take responsibility for their own actions, it's always someone else's fault.  Teach your kids.  If you don't, take your punishment and keep your mouth shut.  Your actions are your own, don't drag others down with you because you didn't parent your child and your child made a bad choice.

So mom's kid joined in the culture of the team's locker room and wasn't as sneaky as the rest, got caught and the "culture" was exposed. Mom then demanded that everyone involved be held accountable, and you're mad that mom didn't keep her mouth shut because your team isn't as good as they could have been if everyone had swept the incident under the rug. Did I miss anything? Well, I did leave out the part where I was led to believe that you have yourself raised teenaged boys who participated in the same behavior, but you didn't say that directly, so I omitted that part on purpose.

Edited by tradertwo