Thursday Rivalry (Clinton @ Campbell Co.)

92Dragon

Clinton travels up Interstate 75 North to take on the Campbell County Cougars in the  Thursday Night Rivalry game of the week.

I feel like this is a game of Campbell County's strength (passing) against Clinton's weakness (pass defense) so this game could be very interesting.

The only common opponent these two teams have had to this point is Chattanooga Central. Campbell County lost to Chattanooga Central 35-21 while Clinton beat Chattanooga Central 51-21.

Thoughts & predictions?

I'll pick Clinton. I think the Price brothers have gotten CCHS to a good point where you have to play a good game to beat them, used to be it was a guaranteed win, those days are over and I'm glad they are better.

Based on the common opponent, gotta go with the Dragons who whooped up on the Purple Pounders of Chattanooga.

Justin Price is still one of the best offensive coaches in East Tennessee.  He always finds a way to score points.  His receivers high point the football downfield better than any other group you'll see.  Love to watch him call a game.  

Campbell County's problem has always been numbers.  Just too many kids on the field for too many plays both ways.  

Should be a really good football game.  Clinton is better and CC will put up points.  I was at the Karns/Campbell County game where both teams were up and down the field and it wasn't decided until the last minute.  This one might be a similar game.