The Ridge (OR) @ Pal (Powell)

SweetScience

23 hours ago, HTV said:

Powell is beginning to get healthy and showing some life offensively.  

And their defense doesn't have to be dominate, just good enough to slow down the opposing offense on occasion.  

Oak Ridge is still really banged up.  

I see Powell winning by a 31-17ish score.  

Really worried about these injuries. 

Depends to some extent on how many of the OR injured return, they are the playmakers on both sides of the ball, suspect it is about a game time decision. Line play may be the difference and the edge there might go to Pal, they have some tanks up front, QB play the edge goes to Pal as well, Potts has the experience, and good receivers, I doubt he runs much but may not have to.  Wildcats have to play good defense and run the football, passing when they can. Coach Cummings has been good game planning against Pal, last year his Halls Red Devils pushed them hard, losing 14-7 on a late fumble and short field drive. 

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I don't really know what to expect in this one. I could see OR winning a close game, but I also think the Panthers could win by 2-3 TDs. A lot depends on the health of OR, and also the discipline of Powell.

OR doesn't have much room for error.  Absolute must to eliminate turnovers and excessive penalties.  If we can do that, we will have a chance to hang around.  If all that continues, this will be very one sided.  Hopefully we got a couple guys back over the open week (it will not be #1) and improved as a team across the board.   Go Cats

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

OR doesn't have much room for error.  Absolute must to eliminate turnovers and excessive penalties.  If we can do that, we will have a chance to hang around.  If all that continues, this will be very one sided.  Hopefully we got a couple guys back over the open week (it will not be #1) and improved as a team across the board.   Go Cats

I like our chances in this game 21-20 RWR 

When we win this game people will understand what I mean by saying we're back. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:55 PM, Cactus Jack said:

This will be a hard game for OR to win at Pal, especially since the injuries continue to nag at them and Pal seems to be getting it together winning easily at Halls. The winner of this game is in the driver's seat to win the Region for sure,  OR will certainly need to play a lot better than the last two weeks to win, eliminating turnovers and penalties for sure. 

This is what i'm scared of but i'm really excited about this game. It has state playoffs feeling. 

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

#1 is out for the season isn't he?

9 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

If OR can run the ball successfully they have a legit shot at winning this game. Gonna have to score a lot though or at least keep the ball out of the hands of the Panther offense.

We absolutely need a BIG night on the ground to win this one.Even if we get a couple of the players back I think we will it might take them a couple of games to get back to normal.Having Rogers and Cummings starting at CB wouldve made a really big difference on defense.Its gonna be hard wit what we got to slow down a great QB and WRs.Im thinking Powell by 18 right now.But Ill be on the fence cheering no matter what.GO CATS!!!!