DAWGS and Rebels

IMDog

31 minutes ago, GCFB said:

I know you can't let the monkeys run the zoo, but something happened late last season not real sure what. That turned the kids against the entire staff. So right of wrong i just don't think they come back from it.

Chicken Legs Jones has never been a good coach. He rode Myers and that line for so long and once they left they aren’t able to compete with quality teams. There are to many cliques  at SG to ever do anything about it…I guarantee it’s the group that ran Verran off too. 

29 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I've seen CG look like a small college team, didn't matter when game time came. If you're inexperienced, lacking in athletic ability/discipline  and/or poor coaching, then size won't ever matter.  

Same…I remember walking into a game several years ago and seeing them and was like my goodness they are massive…but ended up being incredibly soft and slow. 

59 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Chicken Legs Jones has never been a good coach. He rode Myers and that line for so long and once they left they aren’t able to compete with quality teams. There are to many cliques  at SG to ever do anything about it…I guarantee it’s the group that ran Verran off too. 

Dang man, if I don't agree with u!

57 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Same…I remember walking into a game several years ago and seeing them and was like my goodness they are massive…but ended up being incredibly soft and slow. 

Yep! An athletic, disciplined group can make a decent coach look like a genius and a massive, athletic team has no hope without an intelligent coach

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I've know Scotty since 1975 and IMO they messed up big at HV when they laid the screws to him. In a lot of ways, he was maybe the best back I've seen play the game

15 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I've know Scotty since 1975 and IMO they messed up big at HV when they laid the screws to him. In a lot of ways, he was maybe the best back I've seen play the game

Ah all we can do is worry about ourselves and try to improve, whatever issues SG has is their problem and no concern of ours. We just got to go back to work Monday and try to get a little better, GP will be a handful and a half. I'm sure we are capable but it sure won't come easy. 

13 hours ago, pujo said:

Ah all we can do is worry about ourselves and try to improve, whatever issues SG has is their problem and no concern of ours. We just got to go back to work Monday and try to get a little better, GP will be a handful and a half. I'm sure we are capable but it sure won't come easy. 

I dont think GP will be too big a challenge as long as they keep their heads on straight 

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I dont think GP will be too big a challenge as long as they keep their heads on straight 

They looked really good in the 2 films I saw, I'm not sure how good the competition was in those 2 games.  I don't think we have much room for error if we are to squeak one out.

6 hours ago, pujo said:

They looked really good in the 2 films I saw, I'm not sure how good the competition was in those 2 games.  I don't think we have much room for error if we are to squeak one out.

Agreed...have to go in with heads on straight in this one. If they do, errors should be minimal. I think it's a good look at what's coming down the road 

11 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Agreed...have to go in with heads on straight in this one. If they do, errors should be minimal. I think it's a good look at what's coming down the road 

Good to go against different types of teams, They are Unaka on roids. Don't think we would face a team like them until pretty late in the playoffs, if ever. They look about 50 50 to me and good at both. I'm sure they are one of the top ranked teams in 3a.