DAWGS and Rebels

IMDog

9 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

My issue with SG was never the players or even fans and I'll leave it at that. Actually had conversations with Myers kid family after wins and losses. Have a couple family friends we've competed against since 2005....But the banter here has sure been fun the last 3 years 

When you get two passionate fan bases together, one who loves to win and does it alot, and one who also loves to win but doesn't get to very often. Things are bound to get a little sideways, but the common ground between both sides is a love for winning, with a little poop stirring thrown it. 

43 minutes ago, GCFB said:

When you get two passionate fan bases together, one who loves to win and does it alot, and one who also loves to win but doesn't get to very often. Things are bound to get a little sideways, but the common ground between both sides is a love for winning, with a little poop stirring thrown it. 

Wouldn’t be as fun if weren't that way.

53 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah I'm sure, reckon we've went over pretty much everything, That still don't mean they won't get us. Don't think we have any plans of tricking, going to be who we are and play our brand of football.  

Yes watch out for reverse on kickoffs and double passes and flea flickers and LOL just about anything... anyhow I'm hoping for a clean game from the Dogs. 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, harley04 said:

Pretty big rival, Hamptons Def. is difference maker. But turnovers, Refs anything can happen It could go into overtime if SG can score on some trick plays. :mrgreen:

I JUST STARTED A RUMOR SG WOULD NEVER RESORT TO THAT. :mrgreen: JUST WAITING OUR TURN. HOPE FOR GOOD CALLED GAME . NO INJURIES

On 9/26/2022 at 8:44 PM, GCFB said:

No doubt your sons were/are phenomenal players, and a true joy to watch compete. Thats way i don't understand all excuses ever time. I have no idea what Hamptons winning percentage over SG is. If i had to guess its north of 75%. You all have nothing to make excuses for you have a superior program with far superior coaches. SG hit the talent lottery for few years and had some great players all over the field, and because of that they where able to over come horrific coaching and have some success. Those times are gone now but the coaches are not. And Hampton well region supreme again. So no need for endless excuses, admit your defeats, relish in your many victories, and be proud your program is the gold standard.

Can’t believe I’m just now seeing/reading this thread.  I’m going to be a little blunt, so please no one needs to take it as disrespectful.  The majority of you on here have way more than knowledge about this game than I do, but I’m am learning a little here and there.  This game should be a no contest in my opinion and The Dawgs should run away with it.  However, I will say you never know what’s going to happen on Rebel Hill?

SG has tons of upside. There’s no doubt they have the talent, even at the middle school it’s there as well.  At the middle school level mostly 8th graders or the click gets to see the playing field and the practice reps.  The rest stand by the way side for the most part and I’ll leave it at that.  At the high school level there’s something missing.  It all starts with coaching.   Jones and Case I think are good coaches and I think they have what it takes to get over that hump.  The guy sitting in the booth calling the plays, I wonder what’s going through his mind sometimes.  I’m not so sure the coaches are on the same page and I think that’s what may be missing to allow them to get to that next level?  I hope they figure it out soon.  If they could get to a semi, or even the state one time and get that taste in their mouths, I think it would awesome for their program.  I do not think this is their year though.   I look for Hampton to be representing the east this year.   

I’ll be surprised if this game is close.  I do not see SG scoring a lot of points if any?  The only thing I can see is maybe SG’s defense plays up to their full potential and keeps the game from looking lopsided, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Dogs 42

Rebels 6

Edited by Romansfive8

6 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

Can’t believe I’m just now seeing/reading this thread.  I’m going to be a little blunt, so please no one needs to take it as disrespectful.  The majority of you on here have way more than knowledge about this game than I do, but I’m am learning a little here and there.  This game should be a no contest in my opinion and The Dawgs should run away with it.  However, I will say you never know what’s going to happen on Rebel Hill?

SG has tons of upside. There’s no doubt they have the talent, even at the middle school it’s there as well.  At the middle school level mostly 8th graders or the click gets to see the playing field and the practice reps.  The rest stand by the way side for the most part and I’ll leave it at that.  At the high school level there’s something missing.  It all starts with coaching.   Jones and Case I think are good coaches and I think they have what it takes to get over that hump.  The guy sitting in the booth calling the plays, I wonder what’s going through his mind sometimes.  I’m not so sure the coaches are on the same page and I think that’s what may be missing to allow them to get to that next level?  I hope they figure it out soon.  If they could get to a semi, or even the state one time and get that taste in their mouths, I think it would awesome for their program.  I do not think this is their year though.   I look for Hampton to be representing the east this year.   

I’ll be surprised if this game is close.  I do not see SG scoring a lot of points if any?  The only thing I can see is maybe SG’s defense plays up to their full potential and keeps the game from looking lopsided, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Dogs 42

Rebels 6

If Jones couldn't get over the "hump" with the players/talent he's had in the last few years it never going happen. What you will see is a steady decline until they are being mercy ruled 6 or 7 times a year, just like they where before the latest wave of talent come through. He didn't suck at coaching for 10 years and them all of a sudden just figure it out.