West TN Rural Top 10 Week 7

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

19 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Maybe. But probably in the 10 spot or just outside. The 2000 yard transfer at running back really upped their stock along with the stud receiver transfer. 9-3 last year and brought everyone back. And those two to that and you get a #2 rating. A win by Covington in that game would have said a lot. 

They are pretty good in the skill position adding the two transfers in plus the QB. They will be hard to beat. You know how high school football is anything can happen. The only two solid wins I would say they have is Covington and maybe Dyer County. Other than that in my opinion they haven’t played anybody. Will you be following the Trojans to town this week or you rolling with the Dawgs? 

Edited by fanoffootball2013

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Maybe. But probably in the 10 spot or just outside. The 2000 yard transfer at running back really upped their stock along with the stud receiver transfer. 9-3 last year and brought everyone back. And those two to that and you get a #2 rating. A win by Covington in that game would have said a lot. 

What's funny is you're giving Munford the "special treatment" for what happened last year, but you're not giving McKenzie that same treatment. McKenzie does have a quality win on their schedule. In a few days from now, they'll likely have two. I'm just confused as to what did McKenzie do to you to put them with a tie with Union City?

Who wins between Union City/McKenzie? I don't know. But putting the Rebels a tie with Union City is got to be insulting to me if I was a McKenzie fan. Other than that, list looks good.

34 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What's funny is you're giving Munford the "special treatment" for what happened last year, but you're not giving McKenzie that same treatment. McKenzie does have a quality win on their schedule. In a few days from now, they'll likely have two. I'm just confused as to what did McKenzie do to you to put them with a tie with Union City?

Who wins between Union City/McKenzie? I don't know. But putting the Rebels a tie with Union City is got to be insulting to me if I was a McKenzie fan. Other than that, list looks good.

Did you read my entire post?  I gave them credit for what happened last year because they brought back almost everyone from that team PLUS the fact that they got those outstanding transfers. You can’t just cherry pick parts of what I say. I also have them up there for the quality win over Covington.  Union City is up there with them namely cause they have two quality wins in Lake Co and USJ. McKenzie has 1 in Huntingdung. No one should be insulted by that cause Union City is a heck of a team. Here’s an idea. How about you throw out what you think a top 10 in West TN (minus Shelby Co) should look like??  

1 hour ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

They are pretty good in the skill position adding the two transfers in plus the QB. They will be hard to beat. You know how high school football is anything can happen. The only two solid wins I would say they have is Covington and maybe Dyer County. Other than that in my opinion they haven’t played anybody. Will you be following the Trojans to town this week or you rolling with the Dawgs? 

Not sure where I’m gonna go this week. May take Friday off an just be “dad” to my little people. Don’t get to do that very much. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Did you read my entire post?  I gave them credit for what happened last year because they brought back almost everyone from that team PLUS the fact that they got those outstanding transfers. You can’t just cherry pick parts of what I say. I also have them up there for the quality win over Covington.  Union City is up there with them namely cause they have two quality wins in Lake Co and USJ. McKenzie has 1 in Huntingdung. No one should be insulted by that cause Union City is a heck of a team. Here’s an idea. How about you throw out what you think a top 10 in West TN (minus Shelby Co) should look like??  

My apologies, I found our difference. You're giving Union City the credit for the quality win over Lake County, and I did not. If I were to do a list, our 1-6 is the same, but I also have Huntingdon at 7, Covington at 8, Peabody at 9, and Hardin County at 10,. Dresden at 11, Milan at 12, SGC at 13, Riverside at 14, and Jackson Christian at 15. 

I take the first game with little to no weight. I don't overreact to that.

I'm curious to see what will happen if Lake County/Union City, Munford/Covington, McKenzie/Huntingdon, and Peabody/Milan were to play today, what would the result be? I credit the team for winning the game, but don't penalized the team for losing. Again, my apologies.

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

My apologies, I found our difference. You're giving Union City the credit for the quality win over Lake County, and I did not. If I were to do a list, our 1-6 is the same, but I also have Huntingdon at 7, Covington at 8, Peabody at 9, and Hardin County at 10,. Dresden at 11, Milan at 12, SGC at 13, Riverside at 14, and Jackson Christian at 15. 

I take the first game with little to no weight. I don't overreact to that.

I'm curious to see what will happen if Lake County/Union City, Munford/Covington, McKenzie/Huntingdon, and Peabody/Milan were to play today, what would the result be? I credit the team for winning the game, but don't penalized the team for losing. Again, my apologies.

It’s all good man. I love the discussion this thread provides. See we actually agree on quite a bit. Especially the 1-6.   I don’t think Milan would beat either Peabody or South Gibson now with all their injuries. Healthy probably but not now. I don’t think LC beats UC or Covington beats Munford. Those gaps were pretty big. Huntingdung might get McKenzie. Just my two cents. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

18 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It’s all good man. I love the discussion this thread provides. See we actually agree on quite a bit. Especially the 1-6.   I don’t think Milan would beat either Peabody or South Gibson now with all their injuries. Healthy probably but not now. I don’t think LC beats UC or Covington beats Munford. Those gaps were pretty big. Huntingdung might get McKenzie. Just my two cents. 

I am enjoying this discussion as well but for the past three years they been saying Huntingdon could beat McKenzie now if they played at this point or that point I'm sorry they not beating McKenzie this year at any point in the season.

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I am enjoying this discussion as well but for the past three years they been saying Huntingdon could beat McKenzie now if they played at this point or that point I'm sorry they not beating McKenzie this year at any point in the season.

Hate to admit it but I agree. McKenzie is special this year. I don't know that I wouldn't put the Rebels at #1 in this poll. I know they haven't played a tough schedule but that don't make any difference. They are a very good team. They controlled our rushing offense much better than anyone else has!

Here's a different view on this poll. Sonny_Moore Power Rankings just out today show this ranking of the teams you had. He has a lot better opinion of my Covington team than you do. You mentioned the Covington schedule strength. If you note carefully, 10 of these teams have a SOS below 100, while Covington's schedule is rated right on 100.

Just wanted to introduce a different opinion here.

Rank Team Power  SOS
    Ranking  

1 Haywood 141.27 105.16
2 Henry Co. 138.76 118.44
3 Dresden 133.78 86.85
4 Munford 132.74 98.87
5 Union City 131.49 92.75
6 Covington 130.64 100.08
7 Hardin Co. 130.60 96.77
8 McKenzie 130.17 88.72
9 USJ 129.69 95.65
10 Huntingdon 127.66 100.64
11 Peabody 123.75 102.27
12 S. Gibson 122.66 102.49
13 Riverside 119.30 92.92
14 Westview 115.98 100.29
15 Milan 115.71 103.26
16 Lexington 114.34 95.78
17 Lake Co. 109.69 97.82
18 Obion Co. 109.31 99.77

22 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's a different view on this poll. Sonny_Moore Power Rankings just out today show this ranking of the teams you had. He has a lot better opinion of my Covington team than you do. You mentioned the Covington schedule strength. If you note carefully, 10 of these teams have a SOS below 100, while Covington's schedule is rated right on 100.

Just wanted to introduce a different opinion here.

Rank Team Power  SOS
    Ranking  

1 Haywood 141.27 105.16
2 Henry Co. 138.76 118.44
3 Dresden 133.78 86.85
4 Munford 132.74 98.87
5 Union City 131.49 92.75
6 Covington 130.64 100.08
7 Hardin Co. 130.60 96.77
8 McKenzie 130.17 88.72
9 USJ 129.69 95.65
10 Huntingdon 127.66 100.64
11 Peabody 123.75 102.27
12 S. Gibson 122.66 102.49
13 Riverside 119.30 92.92
14 Westview 115.98 100.29
15 Milan 115.71 103.26
16 Lexington 114.34 95.78
17 Lake Co. 109.69 97.82
18 Obion Co. 109.31 99.77

Polls are based on what you've done, not what you can do!

On 9/26/2022 at 7:38 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Haywood 5-0

2.  Munford 6-0

3.  Henry Co. 4-2

T4.  Union City 6-0

T4. McKenzie 6-0

6. USJ 5-1

7.  Hardin Co  5-1

8.  Peabody 5-1

9.  Dresden 6-0

T10.  Huntingdung 5-1

T10. South Gibson 4-2

Outside Looking In:  Covington 5-1, Riverside 5-1, Lake Co  3-2, Obion Co  4-2, Milan 4-2, Halls 5-1

Can’t argue with this looks correct to me looking forward to seeing how Dresden and McKenzie shake out 

• Upvote 1