West TN Rural Top 10 Week 7

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

38 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Still very little respect for Covington. In the  preseason, Covington beat Huntingdon 4 scores to 3 in a scrimmage (see thread in Coach T). Then again, in the Covington Jamboree, Covington hosted Union City and the two varsity squads played to a draw (see thread in Coach T), So, I can't see how either of these two teams rank ahead of my Chargers.

In my years of experience as a football fan, on-field results should always trump opinion.

I am basing my opinion on “on field” results. Just not scrimmages. We all know that scrimmages are for working on things and getting better. Coaches are not necessarily going for the win. Union City has wins over two good teams in USJ and Lake Co. Huntingdung has wins over 2 good teams in Riverside and Milan. Who has Covington beaten that was good?  Munford is the best team on your schedule so far and you got drilled. Millington, NorthSide, Ripley and Brighton are all below average teams. I have nothing but respect for Covingtons program but my opinion on this poll is based off results and Covington simply hasn’t played anyone. 

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Haywood 5-0

2.  Munford 6-0

3.  Henry Co. 4-2

T4.  Union City 6-0

T4. McKenzie 6-0

6. USJ 5-1

7.  Hardin Co  5-1

8.  Peabody 5-1

9.  Dresden 6-0

T10.  Huntingdung 5-1

T10. South Gibson 4-2

Outside Looking In:  Covington 5-1, Riverside 5-1, Lake Co  3-2, Obion Co  4-2, Milan 4-2, Halls 5-1

Other than Peabody being above Dresden and Huntingdon, it looks pretty good. BPM, I assume you’ve seen both Peabody and Huntingdon both play Milan. You actually think Peabody is the better team? 

4 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Still very little respect for Covington. In the  preseason, Covington beat Huntingdon 4 scores to 3 in a scrimmage (see thread in Coach T). Then again, in the Covington Jamboree, Covington hosted Union City and the two varsity squads played to a draw (see thread in Coach T), So, I can't see how either of these two teams rank ahead of my Chargers.

In my years of experience as a football fan, on-field results should always trump opinion.

We played y’all two a tie. You are correct but that don’t mean you should be above us. Maybe right with us but not above us. 

54 minutes ago, Waker said:

Other than Peabody being above Dresden and Huntingdon, it looks pretty good. BPM, I assume you’ve seen both Peabody and Huntingdon both play Milan. You actually think Peabody is the better team? 

Peabody didn’t have their qb or a starting wide receiver and then the only backup we had that was qb got hurt. Others were hurt pre-season or in the Milan game. We are getting close to being healthy now.

Edited by PHSRollTide

8 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Peabody didn’t have their qb or a starting wide receiver and then the only backup we had that was qb got hurt. Others were hurt pre-season or in the Milan game. We are getting close to being healthy now.

If you don’t have a playmaker like Driggers you take a big hit on Offense. I get that. There is no doubt that Peabody isn’t the same without him. You have to realize that Huntingdon dominated that game. The eye test, Huntingdon was completely outmatched. Huntingdon didn’t punt the whole game. Milan defense was so shook they didn’t want to play anymore. They just wanted to fight and mouth at Huntingdon fans. 

7 minutes ago, Waker said:

If you don’t have a playmaker like Driggers you take a big hit on Offense. I get that. There is no doubt that Peabody isn’t the same without him. You have to realize that Huntingdon dominated that game. The eye test, Huntingdon was completely outmatched. Huntingdon didn’t punt the whole game. Milan defense was so shook they didn’t want to play anymore. They just wanted to fight and mouth at Huntingdon fans. 

I know that this is just a poll and has no bearing on anything other than discussion. I just like to rattle BPMs cage any chance I get.

33 minutes ago, Waker said:

Driggers played safety during the scrimmages so we lost a safety a qb and a punter. The back up didn’t know all the plays and he was hurt the play before the half. So no qb in second half a ran like 3 plays. We were also without a te and de. Lost our leading tackler and rb against westview. We might be close to full strength by the time we play you guys 

2 hours ago, Waker said:

Here is my honest answer in that. If Milan was completely healthy, we play an even game with you guys. We have some lineman out that effected the way y’all ran the ball on us and kept us from getting our run game going. You made us one dimensional and forced us to beat you passing. Had our lineman been in it would have helped. Peabody, when healthy is very balanced. They have multiple receivers that can make plays so you can’t just double team Kee. Others will beat you. Also I think Peabody’s offensive line is by far the best of the 3 teams in discussion. They are veteran and nasty. Peabody has some work to do on defense but their offensive balance makes me think they will beat the Stanks when they play. You can’t say just rely on Khalik Ganaway to run off tackle 25-30 times a game. Just my two cents. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I am basing my opinion on “on field” results. Just not scrimmages. We all know that scrimmages are for working on things and getting better. Coaches are not necessarily going for the win. Union City has wins over two good teams in USJ and Lake Co. Huntingdung has wins over 2 good teams in Riverside and Milan. Who has Covington beaten that was good?  Munford is the best team on your schedule so far and you got drilled. Millington, NorthSide, Ripley and Brighton are all below average teams. I have nothing but respect for Covingtons program but my opinion on this poll is based off results and Covington simply hasn’t played anyone. 

Just asking! Would Munford be in your top ten if they would have lost to Covington? 

Just now, fanoffootball2013 said:

Just asking! Would Munford be in your top ten if they would have lost to Covington? 

Maybe. But probably in the 10 spot or just outside. The 2000 yard transfer at running back really upped their stock along with the stud receiver transfer. 9-3 last year and brought everyone back. And those two to that and you get a #2 rating. A win by Covington in that game would have said a lot.