Halls vs Sevier Co

Hartleyrick

15 hours ago, lefty32 said:

I have followed on Coach T for years and even though I rarely post....as a lifelong Sevier Co. resident and fan I would throw my two cents in about a few things.  One of the bigger things I think people may not realize is in the last 23 years 2 high schools (Pigeon Forge and Northivew ) have opened and affected the football program.  SC had a nice run with 2 semifinal appearances ('97 and '99) with the State Championship in '99.  There was a lull after Pigeon Forge opened and eventually SC had another run from mid 2000's till championship appearance in 2015.  Northview opened right at the end of that run and those missing numbers have hurt SC.  While Sevier Co. may have grown....we aren't Rutherford County where a high school opens and has 1700-2k students a few years after it opens.  Gatlinburg-Pittman and Seymour enrollments may have been affected but not like SC. For instance, my children were 3 graduating classes apart at SC and one had 535 in their class and the next one had 230.  Moreover, SC was blessed with some great athletes in those two runs. ( Jason Layman, James and Jeremy Bates, Allen Mogridge, Joey Mathews, Shane Kelley, Logan McCarter, Duece Wallace, etc).  They also almost always had a qb who could throw really well and thrive in Coach Brewer's offense. I too would like a better schedule but can't control that.  Finally, and If I'm wrong about this...I would like to know....I would imagine most 4A-5A schools have at least 2 feeder programs.  SC has one. The other school that feeds SC doesn't have a program...those kids play for SC feeder.  So I believe there are a bunch of things at work.  I enjoy being on Coach T and again just my 2 cents about SC.  

Glad to have you aboard. Just curious that they need someone who can throw the ball ,why did they get rid of a qb coach that developed great talent for a clown that couldn't run an offense at Kodak.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I was looking back at old pictures I took up at Sevier County when Maryville played them a few years back on top of the Indian Mound before they put in the fake grass. Anybody else besides me think that could of been a curse on that program for digging that up like they did.

You're probably right. It may have something to do with it.  Not counting this season, I believe SC has only 2 winning seasons after 2015. This season should be number 3 in the last 7 years. Hmmm..... interesting.

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

You're probably right. It may have something to do with it.  Not counting this season, I believe SC has only 2 winning seasons after 2015. This season should be number 3 in the last 7 years. Hmmm..... interesting.

Their actually the worst 6-1 team in the state right now because of a soft schedule. I realize Pigeon Forge and Northview had a bearing on losing a lot of kids but Sevier County is growing fast enough to quit using that as an excuse why the football program isn't as strong as it once was. I have nothing against Sevier County and only wish them the best.T are. They need to quit worrying about a wild goose chase on Coach T and put that energy towards the football field. Sevier County has always been a crazy place that I can remember back in the old days they were so hard up to go to a season ending bowl game that they created their own called the Smokey Bowl played on Thanksgiving Day and be playing in that with a losing record because nobody else would invite them to theirs. When I played football in high school we played them at their old field with a county fair going on right beside the football field. 

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

I think people may have jumped the gun on West. Just my three cents. We should know more in a couple of weeks.

how do you think they have jumped the gun? 3 Region opponents, zero points scored, running clock against all 3. Handled state power Alcoa where Alcoa was throwing everything that they had at West to try to win, including the refs. They will beat Cocke County and Central and probably not give up a point to them, unless Lamar lets them. Their defense is legit. They have playmakers all over the field to score on offense. 

I am curious on why you think people jumped the gun. If West does not get to the state championship game, they should fire Lamar Brown. This team is so loaded that the only person that can stop them is themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

how do you think they have jumped the gun? 3 Region opponents, zero points scored, running clock against all 3. Handled state power Alcoa where Alcoa was throwing everything that they had at West to try to win, including the refs. They will beat Cocke County and Central and probably not give up a point to them, unless Lamar lets them. Their defense is legit. They have playmakers all over the field to score on offense. 

I am curious on why you think people jumped the gun. If West does not get to the state championship game, they should fire Lamar Brown. This team is so loaded that the only person that can stop them is themselves.

The defending 5A State Champs are healthy. I would not count them out of anything. Continue to do so and let’s see where it stands in December.

• Sad 1