Early 1A Mr. Football Candidates

CastIronHero

21 hours ago, GoRaider14 said:

Dawson White QB Moore Co…….If you have ever watched this kid play you would see why he deserves to mention as a Front-runner for 1A Mr Football… The plays he makes game in and game out are RIDICULOUS!!!!  True Dual-threat QB …..after 6 games 1000 yds passing and right at 800 yds rushing…. BEST player on MC’s team……

To be exact Dawson’s exact stats after 6 games as MC’s  QB  ….916 yds passing. 9 TDs  4 Ints….730 yds rushing  16 TDs…………….Dawson also made All-state 1st Team both as a Freshman and Sophmore as a DB….

23 hours ago, Southtowner said:

What are the stats for the linebacker at Fayetteville.   9  I believe to be his #.  Thomison ? 

Hey Southtown. . Good Q I’m at Every City Home Game. Have no #’s on him defensively. Jus know Memphis invited and Offered after workout. He’s a 6’3” kid who carries 230-235lb well and runs a sub 4.6 40 . He can play DE or outside LB and does both well. 
He’s utilizing as needed as a Rb on offense and is basically unstoppable. 
Hasn’t come up short on a 2 pt shotgun yet. . And actually not been tackled. He’s definitely one of the best 11 in 1A this year regardless of stats. 
He’ll make an impact playing D1 ball.  

13 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Use to be a really good baseball school as well. Had a pitcher get drafted by the rangers in 2011. 

Didn’t they go to the State in 2004 in Boys Basketball. . Donald Ensor the Coach? Where is He NOW and what HAPPENED TO THEIR PROGRAM? I think He Won a Championship the Next Year. . Is He still coaching? At Unaka? Or did he move on to a better opportunity? Obviously he’s a hellave coach and I’d like to learn more about his recent success. . 

8 hours ago, Doc931 said:

They better if they plan on getting through the gauntlet. OC gonna have stop being so Vanilla to man. They gotta start getting Kj in on some jet sweeps and find more creative ways to get #19, #5, and the Huntland kid more involved. Heard the JV RB is a dawg they need to give him some touches to keep #1 fresh. You got the injury report on the big fella 55 and 16?

Agreed. . WTF Are we not handing the ball to #5. . ? He’s a beast and gets 8-10yrds a carry. . The OC MUST get the Ball to their Best Athletes. Hello HC and OC.  . Wake Up. Use your Talent 

55 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Agreed. . WTF Are we not handing the ball to #5. . ? He’s a beast and gets 8-10yrds a carry. . The OC MUST get the Ball to their Best Athletes. Hello HC and OC.  . Wake Up. Use your Talent 

I mean they’re 6-0 so I think they’re doing fine. 5 runs the ball quite a bit in close games and catches a lot

7 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Didn’t they go to the State in 2004 in Boys Basketball. . Donald Ensor the Coach? Where is He NOW and what HAPPENED TO THEIR PROGRAM? I think He Won a Championship the Next Year. . Is He still coaching? At Unaka? Or did he move on to a better opportunity? Obviously he’s a hellave coach and I’d like to learn more about his recent success. . 

They won a state championship around that time I believe. He isn’t coaching now and I’m not exactly sure what he is up to….they’ve had a few decent teams since then but have struggled lately with talent and everything. 

10 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

He gets a few passes that's about it not near the touches he should and id prolly have him player more on D than my starting RB until the playoffs. They got some things to fix on that side if they think they are going to make a deep run. Its not hard with that many athletes on the field stretch the defense out and make them defend then entire field. I cant recall seeing Jackson on any pop passes. Why not put him in at Wildcat some? Speed in space aint fun to defend. 

17 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

These guys were listed as front runners in an article that ran in the Nashville Tennessean today

Kumaro Brown, MASE (Class 1A): Brown had 646 all-purpose yards with eight touchdowns. On defense, he's got one interception through the team's first four games.

Marquez Taylor, McKenzie (Class 1A): Taylor, a senior, is one of the top running backs in the state — all classifications combined. Taylor has 789 yards and 19 TDs on just 56 carries.

Samuel Willoughby, Fayetteville (Class 1A): Willoughby, a sophomore quarterback, is 58-of-86 passing for 968 yards with 12 TDs and five interceptions for the undefeated Tigers. He has rushed for 149 yards and a TD.

Its going to Taylor this year they missed out giving it to last year. I'm assuming that is #6 from MASE? The Moore co kid stateline better than all three of these fellas. IMO he should win it but def should be in the top 3 forsure.