Early 1A Mr. Football Candidates

CastIronHero

On 9/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, pujo said:

QB from Unaka has to have some huge stats also. Don't know what they are but I do know he's had  some big games.

Thank you for the kind words Pujo and he has 1058 yards passing and 425 yards rushing and a total of 13 touchdowns and also has 57 tackles on defense and also punts and kickoffs in 6 total games.

45 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Blitzes with cornerback ?  Anyways life is hard I’m not going to pretend I know what he at he has went through. You either choose to do right or wrong and I believe in giving kids chances. When you get outside in the real world they don’t care what you have been through. The world will chew you up and spit you out. Only you can decide what’s right and wrong. No one can do it for you 

Exactly my point. 

1 hour ago, Tigers71 said:

#7 is a mess at City. His talent is tarnished by character issues. Quit the team, skipped Summer workouts. Skipping practice and not knowing the play book is why he isn’t getting touches. Lucky he’s still on the team. He wants to fight on the field if anybody looks at him the wrong way. Got a penalty last week. Most coaches would have cut him regardless of his talent. Getting open hasn’t been an issue, most plays #5, #14 and #19 are wide open but we throw screens. Whether it’s predetermined or just inexperienced QB not getting through progression not sure. He’s seemed to get better as the seasons went on. They’ve tried to give the kid chances but he wants it handed to him. 

He no doubt has had his issues/problems since winning MVP of state and #1 taking over hurt his pride but this yr that kid has been through a lot and no kid should have to face. Think the reason he hasn’t been cut is talent for one but also I think the coaches know Kj needs them more than they actually need KJ. 
#2 is def green back there but has a live arm the OC needs to open him up more the weapons are plentiful just not creative enough. They can put up points but it could be a lot easier with better play calling 

8 hours ago, BBRaider said:

White at 1902 total yards and 26 TD's

&

Driggers at 1709 total yards and 23 TD's

Clearly lead the way

Impressive stats for that young man. This award is a popularity contest. They like to say it’s awarded to the kid with character, and stats and blah blah blah. Actually it’s who has the biggest name that year. I have always beat the drum for whoever has the most impressive stats. But then, you’d have coaches keeping kids in game when they should be out in a blowout. Just to bring home a Mr Football trophy 

6 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

He no doubt has had his issues/problems since winning MVP of state and #1 taking over hurt his pride but this yr that kid has been through a lot and no kid should have to face. Think the reason he hasn’t been cut is talent for one but also I think the coaches know Kj needs them more than they actually need KJ. 
#2 is def green back there but has a live arm the OC needs to open him up more the weapons are plentiful just not creative enough. They can put up points but it could be a lot easier with better play calling 

Yes, that's all very true. Yes, the playing has been mind-boggling at times. MC game was a terrible to start and so was Upperman. I can't fathom why throw a screen when #1 averages 6 yards a carry. You have athletes all over the field and try to throw passes in the backfield, it's just bad game plan. Put the ball down the field and loosen the Defense, then run them out of the stadium. I miss KJ in the backfield. I think he and #1 make a good 1, 2 punch. 

34 minutes ago, Tigers713 said:

Yes, that's all very true. Yes, the playing has been mind-boggling at times. MC game was a terrible to start and so was Upperman. I can't fathom why throw a screen when #1 averages 6 yards a carry. You have athletes all over the field and try to throw passes in the backfield, it's just bad game plan. Put the ball down the field and loosen the Defense, then run them out of the stadium. I miss KJ in the backfield. I think he and #1 make a good 1, 2 punch. 

Common sense ain’t so common anymore. Moore co game play calls was head scratching to put it nicely . A 2 back set would cause problems for defenses with those 2 cats back there together. Plenty of vertical threat Wr just being wasted and still the offense scores 40 a night crazy to think how good it could really be 

1 hour ago, ValleyMan123 said:

Thank you for the kind words Pujo and he has 1058 yards passing and 425 yards rushing and a total of 13 touchdowns and also has 57 tackles on defense and also punts and kickoffs in 6 total games.

Very welcome, I like to give props to kids in the area, He's for sure a good player and a do it all for the team.

10 hours ago, Doc931 said:

White by far means more to his team than anyone else in the running. Take him off Moore co and they look drastically different. They will never give it to him but he’s by far the best in 1A this year you can go by stats but the eye test ends any discussions 

Was this kid White QB 1 last year?