Hampton at GP

harley04

2 minutes ago, harley04 said:

A balanced offense is the only way to over come there line and linebackers. We'll bring that too the table. But trying too stop there offense is not a easy task ask anyone who has played them. Its gonna be chilly in these mnts bring a big coat. :mrgreen:  

Harley, Do you know if this game will be streamed online? Also the Dogs not worried about any chili stuff, we're from the mountains as you know :mrgreen:

maybe you tube, all the news stations will be here. its on radio over here.  I got cold last game but I'm 67. mark packer probably kicking his self for not making his  thursday night game. You'll have to just watch coach t score board I do it all the time. I can't report scores on my phone but maybe someone from Hampton does. :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Last years Hampton team was deceptive because they weren't flashy or spectacular.  But it may be the best all around unit since the 2001 landers

If we had stayed healthy, Hampton 2015 would have been the most complete and better all around IMO, for what that's worth.

Let's agree that each of the past greats excelled in areas others didnt. Hard to really pick out one. Era's mean a lot

Edited by uknoit2

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree it’s all about matchups. And I think Hampton, Meigs & TC where we’re really close last year in the east in 2A and it could have been a different outcome even game. And there was some really good 1A across the state last year that could have beaten them on any given night.

Agreed.

As for WV: Few had the secondary to stay with Westviews receivers, we weren't one of the few. QB was good but receivers were dang good and a couple of us knew that going in. We had to play perfect to control the clock and have a shot. Failed to do so.

31 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

If we had stayed healthy, Hampton 2015 would have been the most complete and better all around IMO, for what that's worth.

Let's agree that each of the past greats excelled in areas others didnt. Hard to really pick out one. Era's mean a lot

The offense in 2015 was more versatile. Was able to pass and be shifty, but may not be quite as big/strong inside as 2021 team. 

7 minutes ago, Uknowit4 said:

The offense in 2015 was more versatile. Was able to pass and be shifty, but may not be quite as big/strong inside as 2021 team. 

Yep. All the past greats lacked in areas others were strong in. Doubt these small schools will ever have all the ingredients at one time like we saw in WV or see in the Alcoas of TN football year after year