Hampton at GP

harley04

52 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

We were only three students away from being 1A last time. I'll always wonder if maybe we could have won a state championship last year if we would have been 1A?? We will never know. Anyway, just don't see us moving up to 3A???

We were the type team to beat SP but who knows how we would have matched with Mckenzie. Its all about matchup's. And Cloudland definitely should have beat SP.

Just now, pujo said:

We were the type team to beat SP but who knows how we would have matched with Mckenzie. Its all about matchup's. And Cloudland definitely should have beat SP.

I agree... but I don't agree on 2A being worse than 1A last year. Ole Ty Simpson was a total difference maker.

1 minute ago, dogtruth said:

It's crazy came to think King that we were three students shy of having that chance... but that's the way the ball bounces as they say LOL

Last years Hampton team was deceptive because they weren't flashy or spectacular.  But it may be the best all around unit since the 2001 landers

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Last years Hampton team was deceptive because they weren't flashy or spectacular.  But it may be the best all around unit since the 2001 landers

Now that's saying something. Those 2001 Landers were one tough bunch, arguably the best ever at Cloudland. I am also partial to the 1996 Hampton team being our best ever however it's impossible to talk about teams of different eras being better..who knows??? it's a crap shoot LOL

9 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Now that's saying something. Those 2001 Landers were one tough bunch, arguably the best ever at Cloudland. I am also partial to the 1996 Hampton team being our best ever however it's impossible to talk about teams of different eras being better..who knows??? it's a crap shoot LOL

Yeah Jc cost Hampton a state championship in 96.  Doubled the yards of the eventual state champion and made some terrible play calls

8 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Yeah Jc cost Hampton a state championship in 96.  Doubled the yards of the eventual state champion and made some terrible play calls

I've heard some people say  Knox Webb's coach said that year that the quarterfinal game between Hampton and Webb was for the state championship. Webb pretty much cruised after that game.