Mustangs vs Chargers

horse

29 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

He wasn’t hit out of bounds. He was hit as he was catching the ball inbounds. The flag was thrown as a reaction to the crowd’s reaction in my opinion. The defender went with his shoulder and it was a good hard hit but nothing that should have been called a penalty. Great game by two great teams! #17 for Westview gets MVP of the game in my eyes

Maybe it was a clean hit or not but fans were more fired up about the taunting and the laughing by a few Martin players as they are kneeling for injured player.  I assume Martin coaches couldn’t see that otherwise I would hope those players would have been taken out.  It was a disrespectful look that’s for sure.

2 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Maybe it was a clean hit or not but fans were more fired up about the taunting and the laughing by a few Martin players as they are kneeling for injured player.  I assume Martin coaches couldn’t see that otherwise I would hope those players would have been taken out.  It was a disrespectful look that’s for sure.

And what about the yelling of racial slurs and inappropriate language at the players by the fans? I assume that was sportsmanship too? They weren’t laughing at the injured player I can assure you

2 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

And what about the yelling of racial slurs and inappropriate language at the players by the fans? I assume that was sportsmanship too? They weren’t laughing at the injured player I can assure you

What were the racial slurs you're speaking of? I didn't hear that? I was dead middle of the stands.

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

I didn’t hear that stuff but yes that’s not appropriate and very unsportsmanlike  if that happened and I didn’t say they laughed at the injured player I just said they were laughing and it was a bad look

3 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I didn’t hear that stuff but yes that’s not appropriate and very unsportsmanlike  if that happened and I didn’t say they laughed at the injured player I just said they were laughing and it was a bad look

They were laughing at the things being yelled at them by the fans. It came from the section on the opposite end from the student section. Far left if you are at midfield facing Huntington’s side. You could hear very clearly what was being said

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

They were laughing at the things being yelled at them by the fans. It came from the section on the opposite end from the student section. Far left if you are at midfield facing Huntington’s side. You could hear very clearly what was being said

I heard folks yelling about the players smiling on the field, but that's about it. I'm not terribly upset about the hit. It was a hard blow to the head on a defenseless receiver and should have been a penalty, but these things happen in football sometimes. It was a bang bang play in what was a VERY physical, but otherwise clean game. I'm just glad 12 got up after a few minutes and was able to walk it off. A serious injury there, would have been massive to this team.

3 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Yeah, I’m sure it didn’t help the player that was down to hear the “support” from his own crowd. You could clearly hear some of them yelling at #17 specifically. Funny thing is it seems to be one guy that yells then others just repeat, pretty sure that guy has had a kid or step kid playing for Huntingdon for the last 20 years and he’s always the loudest and most obnoxious person in the stands, regardless of the sport. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I heard folks yelling about the players smiling on the field, but that's about it. I'm not terribly upset about the hit. It was a hard blow to the head on a defenseless receiver and should have been a penalty, but these things happen in football sometimes. It was a bang bang play in what was a VERY physical, but otherwise clean game. I'm just glad 12 got up after a few minutes and was able to walk it off. A serious injury there, would have been massive to this team.

I am as well because injuries never are a good thing for either teams involved. Westview did have a defensive player break his ankle tonight so wish him a quick recovery but a very physical, emotional game by two really good teams. Westview is clicking on offense at the right time but need to clean some stuff up on the defensive front to make a far ride into the playoffs

Just now, sportslover88 said:

I am as well because injuries never are a good thing for either teams involved. Westview did have a defensive player break his ankle tonight so wish him a quick recovery but a very physical, emotional game by two really good teams. Westview is clicking on offense at the right time but need to clean some stuff up on the defensive front to make a far ride into the playoffs

Hate to hear that. I knew it didn't look good when they carried him off the field and he couldn't put any weight on his left leg. Was hoping it was just a bad sprain.