Mairvul vs. Opun Dait

STARSNBARS

32 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I agree Spanky , we have the Personnel to have a great pass rush this year , and our secondary is a little suspect . Rushing 3 definitely doesn't play into our strengths . I absolutely hate a 3 man rush , I couldn't imagine a more timid mindset for Defense . This Defense could still be a great Defense , we played very tough against Alcoa . This defense has proven that when they play aggressive they can make plays ... they've also proven that if they play prevent , it only prevents us from winning . I've seen this coaching staff make adjustments to get the most out of their team during the season and I think we'll see that again . 

Doesnt seem like they are doing it very well so far

6 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Doesnt seem like they are doing it very well so far

So you don't think our Coaches have earned your benefit of the Doubt ? Being a Maryville fan has been awfully easy for over 20 years now , so first sign of trouble you think you're supposed to turn on them ? Some of you guys are spoiled rotten ... and some of you are just here to stir up trouble ... which one are you ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepvol said:

So you don't think our Coaches have earned your benefit of the Doubt ? Being a Maryville fan has been awfully easy for over 20 years now , so first sign of trouble you think you're supposed to turn on them ? Some of you guys are spoiled rotten ... and some of you are just here to stir up trouble ... which one are you ?

Im just a rum drinker that knows BS when he sees it. 

10 minutes ago, pepvol said:

There is no one in the world that is having a harder time sleeping than Derek right now. Back when me and you were at Maryville Coach Wilson had a bad class or two that reminds me of what's going on right now. I'm more upset with the way the team hasn't improved especially from last year. There are a couple situations on this team ,not one or two. You've mentioned a couple and I have also. Just hurt to lose to a team we should of mercy ruled do the same stupid mistakes that have plagued us all year. 

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

There is no one in the world that is having a harder time sleeping than Derek right now. Back when me and you were at Maryville Coach Wilson had a bad class or two that reminds me of what's going on right now. I'm more upset with the way the team hasn't improved especially from last year. There are a couple situations on this team ,not one or two. You've mentioned a couple and I have also. Just hurt to lose to a team we should of mercy ruled do the same stupid mistakes that have plagued us all year. 

I agree with ya Barn , Maryville has had a lot of close calls to region Foes in the last several years , I remember Farragut in 2009 , thought Rebelron  was gonna have a heart attack ... I remember some tight games with Bearden and Catholic and many others ... that's why when we went in at Halftime I just assumed Maryville would come back out in the second Half and take care of Business and they didn't . Maybe this team needed a big Shocker to wake them up and realize they can't just step out on a field and everyone gives up . I remember a few years ago Maryville went to Ooltewah and our Defense looked awful ... we were lucky to hang in and get the win , we had an open week the next week and when our team came back the next game our Defense looked totally different and we ended up going on to win State that year ... that wasn't a Coach Quarles's team , that was a Coach Hunt team . This may not be our year , we do have a couple situations going on that we might not overcome , but all we can do is hope the Coaches find the right buttons to push to get the most out of this team . 

Edited by pepvol

Hey fellas, I have been a long-distance Maryville fan for several years.    Always see a game or 2 each year but distance prevents me being in the thick of things the way you locals are.     So here is one Trailblazer who is pulling for you guys to get through this low point.       I saw how you completely dismantled Science Hill up here a couple of weeks ago and I know that Maryville has the pieces, just have to reset the chess board and get it all aligned again.    There are a lot of pieces of the high school football pie.... Coaching, players, team chemistry, fans, parents, community support, student body support, etc.     I can't think that Maryville has had so much success over so many decades for it to all be circling the drain now.     Wishing you guys the best and maybe will see you in a playoff game in a few weeks.

34 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey fellas, I have been a long-distance Maryville fan for several years.    Always see a game or 2 each year but distance prevents me being in the thick of things the way you locals are.     So here is one Trailblazer who is pulling for you guys to get through this low point.       I saw how you completely dismantled Science Hill up here a couple of weeks ago and I know that Maryville has the pieces, just have to reset the chess board and get it all aligned again.    There are a lot of pieces of the high school football pie.... Coaching, players, team chemistry, fans, parents, community support, student body support, etc.     I can't think that Maryville has had so much success over so many decades for it to all be circling the drain now.     Wishing you guys the best and maybe will see you in a playoff game in a few weeks.

Thank you Sir