William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett 10/14

TribalEmpire

On 10/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

Every time I see a thread starting out like this it takes me back to 2003 and the week of the DB vs. Karns game. This thread has started out exactly like the 2003 thread. Almost a mirror image. The only difference is DB was undefeated and ranked # 1 in 2003. If DB walks out on the field with the same mind set as the fans it could be a repeat 0f 2003.  

Won’t happen 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

You obviously don't understand DB coaching. It CAN happen. It DID happen. I was there. I think it was the time the Karns coach promised to shave his head if Karns won.  They did so he did. 

I would actually feel better if the game was at WB. J. Fred Johnson has been the site of many an upset. Most people don't notice because of all the hoopla at home games with the band and the pretty lights and all but DB doesn't usually play all that well at home. Pretty much all of the big upsets have come right here at home. I think it was 2000 or 2001 when DB was undefeated and ranked #1 when a 5-5 William Blount team came to Kingsport and beat DB 25-16 in round 1 of the playoffs. William Blount's QB was a one man team and pretty much beat DB on his own. Then there was that McMinn Co. game that came with the most embarrassing play call in the history of football. You can use google to find the coacht thread from that Karns game. It's a mirror image of this thread. If DB shows up with the right mindset, they'll win this game easily. But that don't always happen in Kingsport. Having 100+ yrds. in penalties is almost a sure thing. DB comes in flat and uninterested.  Two or three turnovers at the wrong time and WB starts to believe and its game on. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I would actually feel better if the game was at WB. J. Fred Johnson has been the site of many an upset. Most people don't notice because of all the hoopla at home games with the band and the pretty lights and all but DB doesn't usually play all that well at home. Pretty much all of the big upsets have come right here at home. I think it was 2000 or 2001 when DB was undefeated and ranked #1 when a 5-5 William Blount team came to Kingsport and beat DB 25-16 in round 1 of the playoffs. William Blount's QB was a one man team and pretty much beat DB on his own. Then there was that McMinn Co. game that came with the most embarrassing play call in the history of football. You can use google to find the coacht thread from that Karns game. It's a mirror image of this thread. If DB shows up with the right mindset, they'll win this game easily. But that don't always happen in Kingsport. Having 100+ yrds. in penalties is almost a sure thing. DB comes in flat and uninterested.  Two or three turnovers at the wrong time and WB starts to believe and its game on. 

Your points are all valid, but all of that was under a different coach.   I just can't see any way WB pulls this one out even if DB stumbles around