Class AA, Region 3 vs Region 4 potential playoff matchups.

kingofthenorth

• CoachT changed the title to Class AA, Region 3 vs Region 4 potential playoff matchups.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

I believe Tyner is the crown jewel out of this area. Any upsets happen in the first two rounds? Possible matchups in the playoffs. 

We will know more this Friday as Meigs Travels to Tyner.  Early in the season Meigs was slow to start and had some injuries. We will see how it looks Friday night between these 2. Game of the week in the state likely.

Too much still up in the air in Region 3.  Region 4 probably set after Friday ER v Westy for 1/2.  Tyner handled Marion and Bledsoe.  Bledsoe beat Meigs in close game, Marion beat Bledsoe in a close game.  Decent chance for a 3 way tie for 2nd - 4th in Region 3  if Tyner beats Meigs.  Meigs could finish 1st  if they upset Tyner or 4th if they lose to Tyner and Marion or anything in between.  My best guess:

3 (1) Tyner vs. 4(4) Harpeth

4(2) East Robertson vs. 3(3) Bledsoe

3(2) Marion vs. 4(3) Watertown

4(1) Westmoreland vs 3(4) Meigs

Edited by Ram4Life

13 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Too much still up in the air in Region 3.  Region 4 probably set after Friday ER v Westy for 1/2.  Tyner handled Marion and Bledsoe.  Bledsoe beat Meigs in close game, Marion beat Bledsoe in a close game.  Decent chance for a 3 way tie for 2nd - 4th in Region 3  if Tyner beats Meigs.  Meigs could finish 1st  if they upset Tyner or 4th if they lose to Tyner and Marion or anything in between.  My best guess:

3 (1) Tyner vs. 4(4) Harpeth

4(2) East Robertson vs. 3(3) Bledsoe

3(2) Marion vs. 4(3) Watertown

4(1) Westmoreland vs 3(4) Meigs

This is good stuff.....you like Marion to beat Meigs at the end of the season? Assuming Tyner takes care of business Friday. Honestly don't know if our region wins a game. 

2 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

This is good stuff.....you like Marion to beat Meigs at the end of the season? Assuming Tyner takes care of business Friday. Honestly don't know if our region wins a game. 

Haven't seen Meigs so I don't know who wins that game.  But if Meigs does win it - they could still be 4th or 3rd or 2nd.  This should be Tyner's year to win region 3 with so many talented seniors.  After Condra's injury at Marion - I think the other 3 teams are very close together but Meigs may prove me wrong Friday night.

12 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Haven't seen Meigs so I don't know who wins that game.  But if Meigs does win it - they could still be 4th or 3rd or 2nd.  This should be Tyner's year to win region 3 with so many talented seniors.  After Condra's injury at Marion - I think the other 3 teams are very close together but Meigs may prove me wrong Friday night.

To be honest and not taking anything away from Bledsoe because they won the game at that time, but Meigs is a total different team now they’ve gotten some starters back since that game and the young guys are playing really good football the QB has gotten better every game. And not saying they will win Friday but I think they will definitely be a hard out come playoff time IMO.

27 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

To be honest and not taking anything away from Bledsoe because they won the game at that time, but Meigs is a total different team now they’ve gotten some starters back since that game and the young guys are playing really good football the QB has gotten better every game. And not saying they will win Friday but I think they will definitely be a hard out come playoff time IMO.

I have been to all of Meigs games and do feel that they are becoming a better football team every week. The QB had never played a game in high school at the start of the season. I feel that they had several opportunities to win the game against Bledsoe and should have won that game. I hope they learned from it.

I have also watched Marion and Tyner on film and just feel they are both overall better football teams than Meigs. Tyner by far. I do think Meigs can play with Marion at home and that should be a great game to end the season but they will have to play their best game yet to win it. 

As for this Friday night I think Meigs needs to continue to focus on improving and play with everything they got. It will take everything they got to hang with Tyner and I still feel they will need some help. They are going to need some turnovers and or big plays to make it a game. 

Tyner had Meigs beat last year at home and went for the 2 point conversion and failed. They looked like the better team last year when they were all Juniors and Meigs had all those Seniors including 3 or 4 All-State players and a Mr. Football Candidate. 

I am pulling for Meigs but they are going to have to pull off a major upset. 

28 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

If Meigs loses to Tyner and beats Marion  that would put Meigs, Marion & Bledsoe in a tie for second place. How do they determine the seeding?

III. REGION PLAY & TIE-BREAKERS 

A. All teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall advance to the first round of the football play-off series. 

B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others. 

C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams. 

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.): 

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 

6. Coin Flip

Edited by Southtowner
I'm the editor