Class AA, Region 3 vs Region 4 potential playoff matchups.

kingofthenorth

43 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Meigs being the number 2 seed is determined by Monterey beating Bledsoe and Meigs beating Marion. For Meigs, beating Tyner isn't likely but it could happen if they have a bad game and we just have a really good one. We at Meigs just hope to be able to compete with Tyner as good as they are. I believe Meigs will beat Marion last game of the season. Marion's game vs Signal will tell alot next week as Signals overall record does not show how good of a team they actually are.

This week's games should tell as well. Jasper playing Polk and Meigs playing Tyner. I've been told Polk is much improved this year and Tyner is on a different level. Playing at Tyner will definitely help them. Not sure what Meigs has this year but if they play Tyner within 4 TDs they should beat Jasper.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

This week's games should tell as well. Jasper playing Polk and Meigs playing Tyner. I've been told Polk is much improved this year and Tyner is on a different level. Playing at Tyner will definitely help them. Not sure what Meigs has this year but if they play Tyner within 4 TDs they should beat Jasper.

I'm hoping we can keep it that close. If we have improved as much as I think we have we should be able too.

Polk is improved over years past but not great. Meigs had 2 lost fumbles pretty close to the redzone or the score would have been a little more lopsided most likely. Signal against Marion should be a barn burner Signal is much better than Polk.

Edited by Yeti

6 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I'm hoping we can keep it that close. If we have improved as much as I think we have we should be able too.

Polk is improved over years past but not great. Meigs had 2 lost fumbles pretty close to the redzone or the score would have been a little more lopsided most likely. Signal against Marion should be a barn burner Signal is much better than Polk.

Jasper had 2 pick six against Tyner. Never was a threat to win the game but those interceptions made it more lopsided. Jasper returns a ton of skill kids next year and some younger linemen have worked their way into the lineup. Should be a good team next season

2 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Jasper had 2 pick six against Tyner. Never was a threat to win the game but those interceptions made it more lopsided. Jasper returns a ton of skill kids next year and some younger linemen have worked their way into the lineup. Should be a good team next season

I'm sure they will be. They aren't a bad team now. Like Meigs, just really young at best guess

Polk threw a wrench in the region 3 standings - didn't see them beating Marion Co.  Tyner and East Robertson are Region Champs.  If Meigs beats Marion, the Warriors won't  make the playoffs as Polk would have same record (assuming Bledsoe beats them) and own tie breaker. Think now it will end up like this:

Tyner vs. Harpeth

Westmoreland vs. Meigs

Bledsoe vs. Watertown

East Robertson vs. Polk

4 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Polk threw a wrench in the region 3 standings - didn't see them beating Marion Co.  Tyner and East Robertson are Region Champs.  If Meigs beats Marion, the Warriors won't  make the playoffs as Polk would have same record (assuming Bledsoe beats them) and own tie breaker. Think now it will end up like this:

Tyner vs. Harpeth

Westmoreland vs. Meigs

Bledsoe vs. Watertown

East Robertson vs. Polk

I didn’t see that coming at all. I watched some of the ER, Westmoreland game and Meigs can definitely play with ether team, and I don’t see any of them playing with Tyner. 

34 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Tyner vs. Harpeth

Westmoreland vs. Meigs

Bledsoe vs. Watertown

East Robertson vs. Polk

Holy cow.....that's crazy Polk winning totally knocks Marion out if they lose to meigs. What happens if marion beats meigs? 

17 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Holy cow.....that's crazy Polk winning totally knocks Marion out if they lose to meigs. What happens if marion beats meigs? 

It depends on the Bledsoe Polk game. A Polk win puts Polk at 2, marion at 3 Bledsoe 4.  A Bledsoe win puts marion at 2 Bledsoe at 3, meigs 4. All those assuming marion beats meigs. 

7 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Tyner vs. Harpeth

Westmoreland vs. Meigs

Bledsoe vs. Watertown

East Robertson vs. Polk

Only clear favorite would be Tyner. I think both regions are down this year and should be evenly matched.

However, I wouldn’t be to surprised if region 3 swept region 4 this year in the first round!

A few fun facts on the 4 team race for 3 spots in Region 3:

Every team could lose and still make the playoffs, every team could win and not secure 2nd seed and 1st round home game and all 4 could be the one left out depending on how the games turn out, all four could finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or out.

Scenarios in order of highest probability IMO 

1. Bledsoe wins, Meigs wins - Bledsoe- 2, Meigs-3 Polk-4 Marion out

2. Bledsoe wins, Marion wins - Marion-2, Bledsoe-3 Meigs-4 Polk out

3. Polk wins, Meigs wins - Meigs-2, Polk-3, Marion-4 - Bledsoe out

4. Polk wins, Marion wins - Polk-2, Marion-3, Bledsoe-4 Meigs out

Pretty crazy scenarios with all having lost to Tyner and beaten one of the others already.

28 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

A few fun facts on the 4 team race for 3 spots in Region 3:

Every team could lose and still make the playoffs, every team could win and not secure 2nd seed and 1st round home game and all 4 could be the one left out depending on how the games turn out, all four could finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or out.

Scenarios in order of highest probability IMO 

1. Bledsoe wins, Meigs wins - Bledsoe- 2, Meigs-3 Polk-4 Marion out

2. Bledsoe wins, Marion wins - Marion-2, Bledsoe-3 Meigs-4 Polk out

3. Polk wins, Meigs wins - Meigs-2, Polk-3, Marion-4 - Bledsoe out

4. Polk wins, Marion wins - Polk-2, Marion-3, Bledsoe-4 Meigs out

Pretty crazy scenarios with all having lost to Tyner and beaten one of the others already.

This is nuts and I am excited to see how it plays out. Gonna make for an interesting last two weeks.