Class 1A playoff predictions…

TheCommander

One of the semifinal brackets in the east will come down to Coalbucket/Cloudland and South Pitt/Gordy-Clay winner.  I think the east will be represented by SP/Gordy-Clay winner.

The west has 5 teams that could get to Chattanooga. 

Edited by rlh
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rlh said:

One of the semifinal brackets in the east will come down to Coalbucket/Cloudland and South Pitt/Gordy-Clay winner.  I think the east will be represented by SP/Gordy-Clay winner.

The west is stacked.  I've seen Fayetteville twice now.  And will get to see their game vs Red Bank. 

12 minutes ago, rlh said:

I agree if yours is City, Mckenzie, MASE ( based off record) , Peabody/Lake co 

I know there is not much that can be done about it but one thing that is kind of annoying is how they automatically take the top 4 teams from each region for the playoffs. There are teams that will go 0-10 or 1-9 and make the playoffs and get T Shirts made how they qualified for the playoffs. Maybe only taking the top 2 from each Region would make more sense but there is no way the T$$AA will miss out on gate money. 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I know there is not much that can be done about it but one thing that is kind of annoying is how they automatically take the top 4 teams from each region for the playoffs. There are teams that will go 0-10 or 1-9 and make the playoffs and get T Shirts made how they qualified for the playoffs. Maybe only taking the top 2 from each Region would make more sense but there is no way the T$$AA will miss out on gate money. 

I have been saying that for years.

4 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Yeah I agree go back to the old system top two go for sure and then have at large bids for the best of the rest.

• Like 1

CLASS 1A 

Region 1             Region 2
1.Cloudland          4. Greenback*
2. Unaka               3. Oakdale*           
3. Cosby                2. Oliver Spgs             
4. N. Greene         1. Coalfield

Region 3             Region 4
1. SP                     4. Red Boiling Spgs
2. Whitwell           3. Jo Byrnes
3. Sale Creek*      2. Clay Co
4. L. Valley            1. Gordonsville*

Region 5             Region 6
1. Fayetteville        4. Gleason*
2. Moore Co          3. McEwen
3. Eagleville           2. Dresden
4. Wayne Co*        1. McKenzie

Region 7              Region 8
1. Peabody            4. Westwood
2. Lake Co             3. Booker T
3. Halls                   2. Memphis Middle
4. W. Carroll          1. MASE

* Oakdale over GB.  GB over Harriman.
* Sale Creek over Lookout Valley.
* Gordonsville over Clay Co.
* Wayne Co over Cornersville.
* Gleason over So.Fulton.

This is my attempt to project the region finishes in Class 1A.  ( I got bored )

Your mileage may vary. 

Edit:  1A bracket link.
Edited by Southtowner
I'm the editor
  • Like 1