Bearden Bull Dogs Come Hunting For Undefeated 8-0 Ella and the AC Mavericks!

19 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well, it's a non-region game. I personally would play everyone but would be cautious and if that meant losing, well so be it. The main emphasis is the OL has to protect Martinez MVP prospect and he has to go down when near opposition. If this means losing then be it. I think we will play to the level that we can. If players are tired they need to come out and that needs emphasized. A tired play is and can be a hurt player.

I think you're missing my point. Region game or not, this is an opportunity for AC to see just how good they really are. 

15 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Mav, let me get this straight.  unfortunately because it's a home game, the Mavs have to try to win?   Are you sure you're still not puffin' up and down the river out there?  Dude?

Wella it too late to be Mowing the grass, even in Seattle (Bremerton) But to me it's common sense. Fan base does not like to lose. Fans control the whole football game, one way or the other. Attendance pays the bills. And to keep this Momentum going the Mavs have to Win (IMO) I would rather play a low key player game by not impacting receivers. Play low impact catch. Dump pass bubble side screens and the deep ball.

1 minute ago, 92Dragon said:

I think you're missing my point. Region game or not, this is an opportunity for AC to see just how good they really are. 

Apples and Oranges. AC is a 4A Bearden is a 6A. What it comes down to is Bearden needs to see how good they are. If AC accelerates too long and don't come up with there desired goal, then they better step back, take a defeat even if they might could win. Because this is only a battle; the Mavs Need to Win the 4A War.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Apples and Oranges. AC is a 4A Bearden is a 6A. What it comes down to is Bearden needs to see how good they are. If AC accelerates too long and don't come up with there desired goal, then they better step back, take a defeat even if they might could win. Because this is only a battle; the Mavs Need to Win the 4A War.

It almost sounds like you're afraid Bearden is going to beat up on your Mavs and cost them a State Championship, so they should just rest the starters and save them for the playoffs. That's what it sounds like to me anyway 

You can't go into a game scared of the outcome or afraid of a player getting hurt or injured. 

Do you think Tennessee is going into the Alabama game thinking "well, it's not an East team that we're playing, so we better hold back and save our guys for Georgia or Kentucky. Winning the East is more important than beating the next team on our schedule?  Lol

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

I’m surprised at your thoughts Mav. Greeneville 4A would go for Beardin’’s 5A  jugular. And Bearden would be returning the favor. I can’t say all, but most championship teams, past, present or in the future have only one goal in mind. JUST WIN BABY!

Exactly 

13 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If I were Coach Davey lol..

I would not get anyone hurt or banged up. ;) Problem is you have fans like me that want a big win no matter the playoff implications...lol. And this being a home game for the Mavs they will have to play for a win, unfortunately. So I guess we play the game....:|

AC will play the starters FULL go no matter score.  They are WAY to prideful.  There HC unlike most in area (including Powell's) wants to step on EVERYONES throat, and wants to win by as many as he can!  So I fully expect AC to play this game like all the rest....till the final buzzer.  

6 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

It almost sounds like you're afraid Bearden is going to beat up on your Mavs and cost them a State Championship, so they should just rest the starters and save them for the playoffs. That's what it sounds like to me anyway 

You can't go into a game scared of the outcome or afraid of a player getting hurt or injured. 

Do you think Tennessee is going into the Alabama game thinking "well, it's not an East team that we're playing, so we better hold back and save our guys for Georgia or Kentucky. Winning the East is more important than beating the next team on our schedule?  Lol

I don't know Dragon. We need to have good depth and now is a good time as any to get some players in the game for the playoffs. More than likely AC will play the game like I was saying. Just hope and pray they keep it injury free.  Again it's not a big rilvary game, it's not a conference game and we would still be 8-1. We have week to prepare so let's see what the Mavs prepare for.

58 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

AC will play the starters FULL go no matter score.  They are WAY to prideful.  There HC unlike most in area (including Powell's) wants to step on EVERYONES throat, and wants to win by as many as he can!  So I fully expect AC to play this game like all the rest....till the final buzzer.  

They will but IMO I would play smart.

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I’m surprised at your thoughts Mav. Greeneville 4A would go for Beardin’’s 5A  jugular. And Bearden would be returning the favor. I can’t say all, but most championship teams, past, present or in the future have only one goal in mind. JUST WIN BABY!

Well I have seen great teams hold back then win it all. Oh and pride cometh before a fall..lol. But seriously the fans expect them to win, learn something and get out of the game so let's hope we can do that and live to fight another day. Bearden has grown experience wise since West and so have the Mavs but we are talking about Bearden. The Mavs lost a slobber knocker last year and was a brutal one with Bearden.