Union City Golden Tornadoes welcome Huntingdon to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The winner of this game wouldn’t have to go to Westview until the qtrs. Round 2 they would have to go to the Memphis 1 seed Fairley assuming Fairley wins in the first rd. I am curious how good Fairley is being 9-0 and having outscored their opponents 414-56 on the year. Haven’t really played anyone except freedom prep last week. 

TCA played Fairley last season. They were not your typical Memphis team. They were organized, disciplined,  not dirty, respectful kids who ran multiple offenses and played hard. Don't sit back on them or you could get bit. I was impressed with them last year

Just now, ReitzFan said:

TCA played Fairley last season. They were not your typical Memphis team. They were organized, disciplined,  not dirty, respectful kids who ran multiple offenses and played hard. Don't sit back on them or you could get bit. I was impressed with them last year

Yeah I kind of sensed that. The results they have put up this year are amazing. 

USJ has a very good team this year so the low score should not surprise you. Yes we lost to Westview and everyone knew our players were banged up and some out. I hate to keep saying the same thing but UC beat Ripley by 38 points and Westview beat them by 14? Peabody beat LC by 6 and UC beat them with over 40 points. Our offense is back to full power. Our defense kept the pass happy USJ offense at bay and has stopped the run in almost every game. Even held a few to negative rushing yards total. UC has always took pride in the grind and pound offense which we still love but this years team prides itself on defense and the ability to hold running teams to very low yards. Since our DB’s are back the pass is not a worry. And the front line will be the difference in this game. This will be a knock down drag out game and the most physical and well conditioned team with the most heart and determination will win this game. I have watched this team (all four grades come up through youth league to middle school and now highschool and one thing they have is heart. The Westview game hurt them because they knew what they could have done. They made no excuses. They went back to work and got better and more determined. Could have been the best thing to happen to them. Huntingdon is a good team and are much respected by myself and others in UC. That being said, Let’s go Tornadoes go out there hit them in the mouth and take your statement win. Limit penalties and play your game. GO TORNADOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

USJ has a very good team this year so the low score should not surprise you. Yes we lost to Westview and everyone knew our players were banged up and some out. I hate to keep saying the same thing but UC beat Ripley by 38 points and Westview beat them by 14? Peabody beat LC by 6 and UC beat them with over 40 points. Our offense is back to full power. Our defense kept the pass happy USJ offense at bay and has stopped the run in almost every game. Even held a few to negative rushing yards total. UC has always took pride in the grind and pound offense which we still love but this years team prides itself on defense and the ability to hold running teams to very low yards. Since our DB’s are back the pass is not a worry. And the front line will be the difference in this game. This will be a knock down drag out game and the most physical and well conditioned team with the most heart and determination will win this game. I have watched this team (all four grades come up through youth league to middle school and now highschool and one thing they have is heart. The Westview game hurt them because they knew what they could have done. They made no excuses. They went back to work and got better and more determined. Could have been the best thing to happen to them. Huntingdon is a good team and are much respected by myself and others in UC. That being said, Let’s go Tornadoes go out there hit them in the mouth and take your statement win. Limit penalties and play your game. GO TORNADOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post! I can assure you the respect is mutual..  this will be 2 smash mouth, ground/pound , hit you in your mouth/ teams playing each other tomorrow night!  Looking forward to a great playoff-like atmosphere, full house, cold football Friday night. What a Region we have , where the top 3 teams in this region could easily represent the west this year at State..  Go Mustangs!

4 hours ago, TheLongestYard said:

Isn't there a website that streams Union City's games? If so, could someone share that please?

WATCH THE GAME—
On Facebook• Union City Golden Tornado Sports on Froggy 99.3 (if searching, the official page has a purple logo in the profile photo)
On YouTube • youtu.be/ojT7s35b4_U

Ok UC it’s game day go out there play your game, limit penalties and bring this win to the house. But most of all have fun. It really don’t matter about all this chatter we put on these forums. Highschool Football to these kids should be about having fun and learning life’s lessons that are taught on the gridiron. So to my team and my son, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You only get so many Friday Nights under those Friday night lights. Go UC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost game time. I'm getting in the car now to make the trip to UC. 

A LOT on the line in this one. We are playing for #2 in the region and to get a home playoff game. Loser of this one will have to travel to Memphis 2 consecutive weeks most likely. I know both teams will be aware of what's on the line here. 

Initial advantage goes to UC for being able to play in front of their home fans. Huntingdon is guaranteed to travel well, so we will do our best to mitigate that advantage. Both teams are relatively healthy so you'll see the best each team has to offer. 

My honest opinion is that the Mustangs will win by 2 scores or more. I've been wrong before and will be again at some point, but I like this match up for huntingdon.

Both teams are run heavy. I don't know a ton about the UC defense but huntingdon has been able to run on 11-man boxes all year long.  Run defense has been Huntingdon's defensive strength all year. Only Westview has had significant success running on us this year and that's mostly due to their success spreading out the defense with the pass and then some missed tackles on our part. 

Our keys to success will be: Keep the ball off the ground, no pre-snap penalties, and solid tackling on the defensive side.

If Huntingdon executes like they can, I'll go with a score of 34-20 Mustangs.