Gordonsville @ Clay County

TheBlueprint

1 minute ago, TigerTown12 said:

+1, great people in Coalfield but Gordonsville had them 35-0 early in the 2nd quarter, a lot would have to change for them. This is still a three team race in the east with South Pitt as the favorite until someone proves otherwise. Like I said earlier in the week, I believe Gordonsville can beat both SP and Celina if they take care of the football, didn’t happen last night but there are opportunities left

Without that disastrous 3rd quarter last night, I think Gville definitely wins the game

6 hours ago, TigerTown12 said:

+1, great people in Coalfield but Gordonsville had them 35-0 early in the 2nd quarter, a lot would have to change for them. This is still a three team race in the east with South Pitt as the favorite until someone proves otherwise. Like I said earlier in the week, I believe Gordonsville can beat both SP and Celina if they take care of the football, didn’t happen last night but there are opportunities left

I agree if Coalfield was "A very Good team" they would compete with all three of you.Im not saying their not a decent team because undoubtedly they are,they have won the games they should BUT they havent played anybody but Gordy and got rolled.This is the weakest CF team I have seen when we played them at GB.2017 Coalfield had a really good team that would have challenged SP and beat Cornersville in the Championship.(Either one would have).

17 hours ago, croz6110 said:

To simplify the outcome to a couple of things...the pick 6 was huge, as was the unsportsmanlike on our last drive when it would have been 1 st and goal from the 2. I've NEVER seen that on called, especially in that situation. For those wondering, our back pointed with one finger signalling 1st down. BUT, you can't let a game come down to one or two plays or calls.

Fayetteville has been called for that twice this year in two separate games by separate officiating teams. Is it a new thing this year?

Edited by jtm52k
Format

41 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

Fayetteville has been called for that twice this year in two separate games by separate officiating teams. Is it a new thing this year?

20 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

I’ve heard today that it is in fact something new that officials started watching for this year

Last night we had a receiver that was racing towards the end zone,  around the 10-15 yard line or so, he turns and looks at the slower defensive back. I don't think anything was said but it drew a flag for unsportsmanlike.   Also we had a player that "high stepped" after not getting a call that also resulted in unsportsmanlike.  

I don't know what has been "emphasized" this year, but those reactions by any kids will prove detrimental in the playoffs to their team.  

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Last night we had a receiver that was racing towards the end zone,  around the 10-15 yard line or so, he turns and looks at the slower defensive back. I don't think anything was said but it drew a flag for unsportsmanlike.   Also we had a player that "high stepped" after not getting a call that also resulted in unsportsmanlike.  

I don't know what has been "emphasized" this year, but those reactions by any kids will prove detrimental in the playoffs to their team.  

I was told of a similar instance by a Clay Co player earlier this season. Apparently he was on his way into the end zone and turned back towards the defender and taunted him in some way, I think he waved at him. This drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty 

4 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

I was told of a similar instance by a Clay Co player earlier this season. Apparently he was on his way into the end zone and turned back towards the defender and taunted him in some way, I think he waved at him. This drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty 

To me, I hate that officials will crack down on things like, but completely ignore a late hit that happens five seconds after the whistle blows that occurs five feet from them directly in their line of sight. Good officiating nips that crap in the bud by calling it early and not tolerating stuff that could lead to someone getting hurt. Verbal issues should only be called when its obviously unsportsmanlike in my opinion. 

If they are in fact going to crack down on things, that in the past were allowed, it should be made known to all teams so the coaches can address it. They shouldn’t wait until the biggest game of the year to Inforce it when the game is on the line. It absolutely cost us a region championship last night. We should’ve never let it come down to that, but it is what it is. Our guy meant nothing disrespectful by gesturing a first down at the two yard line with the the game on the line after a very hard nosed run. Anyone would have been excited. Congrats Clay county! You showed a lot of grit and  I’m glad you got a region championship. I hope to see a rematch in three weeks. Just my opinion and no disrespect to Clay. I actually like the folks from Celina and love to fish Dale Hollow Lake.  BUt, it sure was a long miserable ride back home last night!

Edited by Facts100

7 minutes ago, Facts100 said:

If they are in fact going to crack down on things, that in the past were allowed, it should be made known to all teams so the coaches can address it. They shouldn’t wait until the biggest game of the year to Inforce it when the game is on the line. It absolutely cost us a region championship last night. We should’ve never let it come down to that, but it is what it is. Our guy meant nothing disrespectful by gesturing a first down at the two yard line with the the game on the line after a very hard nosed run. Anyone would have been excited. Congrats Clay county! You showed a lot of grit and  I’m glad you got a region championship. I hope to see a rematch in three weeks. Just my opinion and no disrespect to Clay. I actually like the folks from Celina and love to fish Dale Hollow Lake.  BUt, it sure was a long miserable ride back home last night!

It was definitely a huge call at a crucial point in the game. Clay Co defense looked gassed at that point. But credit to them for coming up with a huge stop when they needed it. I would love to see a rematch as well, it was a great game. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Congrats Clay...

As a Gville fan, I feel pretty good about the possible rematch, but we have to get the SP monkey off our back first.

I feel like Clay had to empty out the toolbox and this game took a lot out of them. They were gassed in the 4th, and we were able to do things in the run game later in the game that we weren't able to earlier. 

I feel like we stifled Clay's offense, but they hit a couple of plays that helped them, like the rb pass that set up their last TD, and of course the pick 6.

To simplify the outcome to a couple of things...the pick 6 was huge, as was the unsportsmanlike on our last drive when it would have been 1 st and goal from the 2. I've NEVER seen that on called, especially in that situation. For those wondering, our back pointed with one finger signalling 1st down. BUT, you can't let a game come down to one or two plays or calls.

Either way, Clay needs to enjoy the region championship, and I sincerely hope we end their season in the 3rd round in Celina.

Is that something new this year cause I’ve seen it done in the past.  I’ve also seen it done in the college and pro ranks and no penalty is called.