West TN Rural Top 10 Week 11

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Whenever I do the poll I do it based on how a team is playing now. That game was very early in the season and USJ did play them a pretty tough game.  I know Union City has been dealing with some injuries and I believe with both teams at 100% they are better than USJ. But I would like to see UC play someone with a pulse before I move them back up. We will find out a lot this week when the play the Stanks. 

This USJ team has probably their best chance to take home a gold ball this year. Offense is very balanced. Going back up to D2-AA is going to be tough next year. But they are head and shoulders better than everyone on the West side of their bracket this year. They will cakewalk to the championship game. The question will be can they beat FCA or DA. 

Well USJ better do it this year because the next 2 might be pretty rough by their standards 

35 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Only decent D1 team they've beat is is Hardin Co who I think is vastly overrated. They look good playing all these privates who are mostly not very good.

What's interesting to your comment is that it is similar to what people are saying about MASE in the other thread. Personally, I do believe that USJ passes the eye test, just like MASE. 

Personally, I would love to see a USJ/McKenzie matchup. It'll be the best test for McKenzie because they haven't seen the athletes that USJ has. For USJ, I think McKenzie will be the best team they would've seen, with Cassidy and Taylor leading the way for the Rebels. 

I looked at Huntingdon's schedule, and see what USJ's record would be with the Mustangs schedule. I can see USJ going 8-2 (maybe 9-1) with Huntingdon's schedule. The loss would likely come to McKenzie. I don't think Union City can beat USJ if they were to play today. And I think USJ will give Milan fits because of offense creativity.

The other thing I do like about USJ is the ability to be creative on offense. I can throw the ball with Pettigrew, but also have Kevin Finch that has the chance to break one for a score. In the red zone, they have a 6'5 (maybe 6'7) receiver in Davis Sain, who is a transferred from Summit. One on one opportunities is a nightmare for corners.

I understand your logic, but I do believe they're as good as advertised.

Pretty good list! These are all good football teams! I believe I would have Covington ahead of UC and Huntingdon ( yes I am a little bias, LOL). This is simply because Covington handled the mustangs in a preseason scrimmage and though the chargers/tornadoes jamboree seemed a little tight, I believe Covington would better the tornadoes in a real game. 
The Chargers lost to a REALLY GOOD Tomcat team Friday night! Covington is fast and physical but the Tomcats are just on a whole different level. HC might be the only team in Rural West TN (if not all of west tn) that could hang with them. 
I do not know enough about McKenzie so I am going to respect what I read on the T about them. USJ seems to have a strong air attack (based on what I’ve read on the T) which seems to give the Chargers trouble sometimes. 
Again, good list and thank you for the time and effort you put into this!! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What's interesting to your comment is that it is similar to what people are saying about MASE in the other thread. Personally, I do believe that USJ passes the eye test, just like MASE. 

Personally, I would love to see a USJ/McKenzie matchup. It'll be the best test for McKenzie because they haven't seen the athletes that USJ has. For USJ, I think McKenzie will be the best team they would've seen, with Cassidy and Taylor leading the way for the Rebels. 

I looked at Huntingdon's schedule, and see what USJ's record would be with the Mustangs schedule. I can see USJ going 8-2 (maybe 9-1) with Huntingdon's schedule. The loss would likely come to McKenzie. I don't think Union City can beat USJ if they were to play today. And I think USJ will give Milan fits because of offense creativity.

The other thing I do like about USJ is the ability to be creative on offense. I can throw the ball with Pettigrew, but also have Kevin Finch that has the chance to break one for a score. In the red zone, they have a 6'5 (maybe 6'7) receiver in Davis Sain, who is a transferred from Summit. One on one opportunities is a nightmare for corners.

I understand your logic, but I do believe they're as good as advertised.

Not saying your not a very good team,but being top 5 in West Tennesse you have to be better than good. You know Huntingdon's schedule is the toughest 2a schedule in the state. It's easier to win big games when you never have to play a succession of tough teams. 9 and one or 8 and 2 would be pushing it for you guys. You didn't mention Westview or Riverside who both would give you a fit. Plus I would take the Mustangs over you guys right now. USJ has never beaten the Mustangs!

14 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Not saying your not a very good team,but being top 5 in West Tennesse you have to be better than good. You know Huntingdon's schedule is the toughest 2a schedule in the state. It's easier to win big games when you never have to play a succession of tough teams. 9 and one or 8 and 2 would be pushing it for you guys. You didn't mention Westview or Riverside who both would give you a fit. Plus I would take the Mustangs over you guys right now. USJ has never beaten the Mustangs!

Riverside just gave up 34 points to humboldt that’s not good 

14 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Only decent D1 team they've beat is is Hardin Co who I think is vastly overrated. They look good playing all these privates who are mostly not very good.

Your right, Hardin county does not have one quality win this season. The three best teams on their schedule they have lost to. But my question to you is , who has them overrated? They started season high in the poll based off what people think and when they started losing games they slid down. Just don’t get the overrated comment, but I’ll respect your opinion 

19 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Your right, Hardin county does not have one quality win this season. The three best teams on their schedule they have lost to. But my question to you is , who has them overrated? They started season high in the poll based off what people think and when they started losing games they slid down. Just don’t get the overrated comment, but I’ll respect your opinion 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Here's your problem, you're assuming. You do this a lot. Y'all (Huntingdon people) just assumed y'all just rolled down to Memphis and play "bully ball" and wear down MAHS last November. Questioning MAHS' physicality and all. Did it work? No. MAHS matched the physicality, and won the game. Y'all were shell shocked when driving back to Carroll County with a loss. 

You're assuming USJ is not a top 5 team because of scheduling. Why do people not believe in MASE this year? Scheduling. Simple as that. The eye test is different than what's on paper. There's this thing called YouTube, and all of USJ football games are on you YouTube, you may want to chem them out (Hint: I'm not a USJ poster either). USJ isn't hiding any plans or anything. They played Peabody in a preseason scrimmage (which a carry little to no weight on) and USJ did just fine.

USJ has never beaten the Mustangs? That's a cool stat. I didn't know that. When was the last time USJ and Huntingdon played in football? In the late 90's/early 2000's? Does that have any effect on the present? No. 

You just assumed USJ will lose (or have trouble) to Westview and Riverside because USJ is a private school. It's okay to say that. It's okay to be wrong, again. We're all wrong at times, some people are more wrong than others.