West at Central

Whs1984

20 hours ago, Whs1984 said:

Region championship at stake after seeing ladeux run amok on West last night will Frank Johnson iv carry the cats to victory or does West finally get it's 1st perfect reg season 

Ladeux could start for any other team in East TN,(with the exception of Latham (West), he just happens to be the backup for the best running back in East TN!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Ladeux could start for any other team in East TN,(with the exception of Latham (West), he just happens to be the backup for the best running back in East TN!

Yep. 

Those celebrating Murvl's demise are going to be disappointed. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Is Knox West potentially the best team in the state across all classifications?

I hate to say this, but until further notice in the playoffs, its still Oakland because they are the defending champions of the highest classification, but West wont be far off if they win 5A Gold Ball though

for now though its still Oakland as much as it pains me to say

16 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Is Knox West potentially the best team in the state across all classifications?

Blaze West looks good, they're loaded, but Oakland beats them by 17+. Then out of the privates Baylor, MBA, BA, LA just to name a few would beat West too. Oakland wouldn't beat any of them privates either but last year Oakland team would 

2 minutes ago, chrisburr said:

I hate to say this, but until further notice in the playoffs, its still Oakland because they are the defending champions of the highest classification, but West wont be far off if they win 5A Gold Ball though

for now though its still Oakland as much as it pains me to say

Agree they're not beating Oakland 

20 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Blaze West looks good, they're loaded, but Oakland beats them by 17+. Then out of the privates Baylor, MBA, BA, LA just to name a few would beat West too. Oakland wouldn't beat any of them privates either but last year Oakland team would 

I hate playing in the IFL -we always end up losing to everybody in that league.   

10 hours ago, MeritIII said:

I hate playing in the IFL -we always end up losing to everybody in that league.   

Yeah funny how that goes...truth be told id love to see West play Greenville or Oakland or the private schools to see how they measure up but theyre not on the schedule. 

Its unfortunate these schedules are made 2 years before and are played bc of home and home. I wish in a way the region games would stay set but out of region be determined after spring ball. That way the coaches will know if they have a competitive team and truly want to go against the best.

I get it though that some teams dont want to play others but again looking at West out of region - they should always play Farragut and Bearden bc of rivalries and theyre competitive but i just think the Fulton game does nothing for West anymore. Keep Alcoa and Maryville on the schedule as barometer level games but id love to play Powell if it needs to stay close proximity wise yearly or a Greenville.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Yeah funny how that goes...truth be told id love to see West play Greenville or Oakland or the private schools to see how they measure up but theyre not on the schedule. 

Its unfortunate these schedules are made 2 years before and are played bc of home and home. I wish in a way the region games would stay set but out of region be determined after spring ball. That way the coaches will know if they have a competitive team and truly want to go against the best.

I get it though that some teams dont want to play others but again looking at West out of region - they should always play Farragut and Bearden bc of rivalries and theyre competitive but i just think the Fulton game does nothing for West anymore. Keep Alcoa and Maryville on the schedule as barometer level games but id love to play Powell if it needs to stay close proximity wise yearly or a Greenville.

You guys used to play the former Sullivan South, maybe you could pick up a game with Boone?    Not real likely because Boone rarely schedules anything outside the area but it would be a good way to see how we measure up against a 5A state contender year in and year out.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You guys used to play the former Sullivan South, maybe you could pick up a game with Boone?    Not real likely because Boone rarely schedules anything outside the area but it would be a good way to see how we measure up against a 5A state contender year in and year out.

Im down for fun road trips too...i remember West going to play Asheville and Cleveland and those were fun competitve games.