Rockwood @ York

Thebalduglyduck

54 minutes ago, WILDCAT4LIFE said:

I wouldn't count ur chickens yet Monterey can play with anyone i can tell one thing Monterey will not lay down we will fight to the end 

No one from region 1 or 2 is getting past Tyner in my opinion. Hampton probably has the best shot. 

38 minutes ago, pujo said:

Play with anyone is a huge Statement, you have to see um to believe um.

I was skeptical before I watched them play my Tigers, they are as good as advertised. But you guys would probably be the best matchup for them, play physical and control the clock and keep their offense of the field, would be the only chance IMO. Just hard to match the speed they have and with a very good QB that can get them the ball. But a lot of ball to go and you never know what can happen.

23 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I was skeptical before I watched them play my Tigers, they are as good as advertised. But you guys would probably be the best matchup for them, play physical and control the clock and keep their offense of the field, would be the only chance IMO. Just hard to match the speed they have and with a very good QB that can get them the ball. But a lot of ball to go and you never know what can happen.

Totally agree, man for man, we would not match up. Our play works when it works, when it don't ,oh well, we give it our best.

20 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I watched Monterey play rockwood and I was impressed with the execution of Monterey.  That's a dang good team that I believe will play Hampton at some point 

Was impressed with them last year, well coached team and they have some solid players. Hampton is not in a position to overlook anyone once the playoffs start and that includes Oneida.

31 minutes ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

I’ve been cynical of Rockwood all year. Do not look past them. They just beat a good McMinn Central team there. They are playing actually like a team. I believe they can compete with Hampton and beat them if given a shot. 

McMinn is not a good team, Rockwood was the favorite in that game.  Rockwood is actually a 6 point favorite against York. Rockwood and Monterey are nearly dead even.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

McMinn is not a good team, Rockwood was the favorite in that game.  Rockwood is actually a 6 point favorite against York. Rockwood and Monterey are nearly dead even.

You are ridiculous if you think McMinn wasn’t the favorite. They are a 3A school with solid wins against other 3A teams. They play for the region Friday.

8 minutes ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

You are ridiculous if you think McMinn wasn’t the favorite. They are a 3A school with solid wins against other 3A teams. They play for the region Friday.

Could be that the region is not that strong, several 2a teams has beat teams in this region. Not saying Rockwood is not a good team but that win was something special.