Waddell out at Cornersville

utpoolman

1 hour ago, elcants4life said:

All jokes aside, I would be beating the door down for Hayden. He is a young guy who is going to be at Cornersville the rest of his days most likely. He has coached these kids in JR high and high school. He loves the community. He went out and worked under a hall of fame coach with Coach Pemberton at Rhea Co and learned alot there and spent time under Randolph. The kids love the guy, the community loves the guy. I feel like this is a simple hire but what do I know?

I don’t see Hayden coming back as the head coach he has put a lot of work into girls basketball. He may come back as the OC , and continue to be the girls basketball coach if Coach Cook is named the head coach. Form what I have heard that was the plan if Coach Cook had gotten the job last year, which makes the Waddell hire even more baffling.

Edited by hammerhound

On 10/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, HerefortheDAWGS said:

It’s not about keeping outsiders out! It’s about coming up with a plan that leaves the door open for Randolph to come back when his son graduates. He built the football culture at Cornersville! We understand and support his decision but if there is any way to get him back we will take that in a heartbeat! Any other coach that comes in is going to want at least a two year contract, which would complicate his return if there was any chance of it happening. 

So youre telling me I am partially right...

Keep it in the circle...

46 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Are any of yall on the search committee?

Edit:  is there a search committee? 

The last hire was done by the Superintendent, Principal and AD. Iv heard Randolph was asked to look over the applicants but he wasn't part of the hiring process. Just the 3 stated above. An I havent heard of any search committee this time.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:41 PM, DawgChop04 said:

The last hire was done by the Superintendent, Principal and AD.  Just the 3 stated above. An I havent heard of any search committee this time.

Anyone down there think the principal or AD was going to vote against the Superintendent?  The real question is what are they doing different this time to prevent another total botch in less than 6 months? 

On 10/31/2022 at 1:48 PM, Southtowner said:

They need a search committee to look for someone with common sense to be in charge of the next hire. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 1:48 PM, Southtowner said:

Jimmy Sexton is meeting with the School Director after Thanksgiving. Apparently Rankin is interested if the boosters club can get a six figure supplement package together and a new truck. 

23 hours ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Word on the street is Coach Cook got the head coaching spot! Let’s Go! The kids love Cook, hopefully many kids who quit or did not play will come out in full force and help out numbers next year! Great decision IMO. 

Best choice for the program now time to reverse the damage that was done to the program this season.

• 3 months later...