Playoffs AAA

O3t

right call was made… if you slow it down, he doesn’t hit the pylon til he’s on the ground. when he goes down before hitting the pylon, his knee touches down with the ball in his right hand, and you can very clearly see that it’s his left hand that hits the pylon, after he’s on the ground. there can also be an argument that he stepped out before he ever got there. i can’t zoom in but it sure looks like his right foot touches out at about the 2.5-3ish. so whether he stepped out, knee was down, or he went out before hitting the pylon…he was short.  because one, if not all 3 of those things, almost assuredly happened. 

either way..a razor close call like that is made in a split second. there’s no review in high school so the ref has to make a judgement call right then and there. BA fans and players will probably always say he scored but i think the right call was absolutely made. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bump11 said:

right call was made… if you slow it down, he doesn’t hit the pylon til he’s on the ground. when he goes down before hitting the pylon, his knee touches down with the ball in his right hand, and you can very clearly see that it’s his left hand that hits the pylon, after he’s on the ground. there can also be an argument that he stepped out before he ever got there. i can’t zoom in but it sure looks like his right foot touches out at about the 2.5-3ish. so whether he stepped out, knee was down, or he went out before hitting the pylon…he was short.  because one, if not all 3 of those things, almost assuredly happened. 

either way..a razor close call like that is made in a split second. there’s no review in high school so the ref has to make a judgement call right then and there. BA fans and players will probably always say he scored but i think the right call was absolutely made. 

You may be correct however not sure as you can say “absolute” or “definitive” as just before the dive the fan on the sideline in the brownish sweater blocked the view.

I am surprised the field judge not get help from the line judge was in good position to assist.  Oh well….

7 hours ago, Bump11 said:

either way, no one had a better view than that ref and they work hard to be good at their job, so it is what is.  it proves it was a great match that it came down to the final second and the final inches.

33 minutes ago, JRB said:

You may be correct however not sure as you can say “absolute” or “definitive” as just before the dive the fan on the sideline in the brownish sweater blocked the view.

I am surprised the field judge not get help from the line judge was in good position to assist.  Oh well….

there are a few views with nobody blocking anything. i don’t know how to post them but Tyler Palmateer on twitter he has a few angles posted. it’s absolutely bang bang. and i do not envy the man who has to make that call. but every angle we have shows the ball in his right hand as he’s going down. if your left arm hits the pylon while the ball is in your right hand, the ball isn’t across the goal line. Him knocking over the pylon means absolutely nothing. The ball has to hit the pylon. not the player. and the ball being in his right hand, it doesn’t touch the pylon. 

Edited by Bump11

14 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

there are a few views with nobody blocking anything. i don’t know how to post them but Tyler Palmateer on twitter he has a few angles posted. it’s absolutely bang bang. and i do not envy the man who has to make that call. but every angle we have shows the ball in his right hand as he’s going down. if your left arm hits the pylon while the ball is in your right hand, the ball isn’t across the goal line. Him knocking over the pylon means absolutely nothing. The ball has to hit the pylon. not the player. and the ball being in his right hand, it doesn’t touch the pylon. 

I have not seen Tyler’s clips.  Yep would not want to be the field judge.  Gutsy to make that call at home.  Again, surprised no assistance from the line judge trailing the play.

So it goes…

Saw the videos that have been posted. Tough call to make either way. With that said, I see a new policy/rule coming out soon regarding fans and their proximity to the field of play. The behavior by adults was ridiculous and one of the many reasons why we have a shortage of officials. It's sad when a grown man has to be held back by a player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Saw the videos that have been posted. Tough call to make either way. With that said, I see a new policy/rule coming out soon regarding fans and their proximity to the field of play. The behavior by adults was ridiculous and one of the many reasons why we have a shortage of officials. It's sad when a grown man has to be held back by a player. 

unfortuned call altered the outcome of the contest......ant no policy/rulle change comin...that feller was reserve chain ganger....and the shortage of zebras is the reason you still cant get out and go sit down in a fast food eatin place.....whats sad is that #56 feelins were hurtin and he got a hug to feel better

Booger just sayin ;-)

I can understand why fans are on the field if there's a sellout crowd. However, I don't understand why there are fans on the field when there are "empty seats" on the bleachers. If you look at the video that Stephen Hargis posted on Twitter, you can clearly see there were "empty seats" on the bleachers. That video appeared to be a good video to used as evidence or clarification. Unfortunately, the video is basically useless because there was a fan on the sideline when he/she should be in the bleachers. 

I also don't think the runner stepped out. There's a video at the deep side of the end zone, and if you paused the video and can zoom in, I can some green between the receivers cleat and the sideline.

I'm actually convinced he didn't get in. 1) the receiver didn't extended the football.  2) he was drifting out of bounds. 3) he did hit the pylon. Sadly, it appeared hit the pylon with his left shoulder and not with the football. 4) It also appeared that the receiver rolled into the end zone, and I can see if his knee was down prior to his left shoulder hit the pylon.

Throughout all the videos and pictures, I don't see anything convincing me that it was a touchdown. Kudos to the official on what looks like is the right call, and not listening to any of the fans yelling "Touchdown" in his ear trying to persuade the guy to change his call.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I can understand why fans are on the field if there's a sellout crowd. However, I don't understand why there are fans on the field when there are "empty seats" on the bleachers. If you look at the video that Stephen Hargis posted on Twitter, you can clearly see there were "empty seats" on the bleachers. That video appeared to be a good video to used as evidence or clarification. Unfortunately, the video is basically useless because there was a fan on the sideline when he/she should be in the bleachers. 

I also don't think the runner stepped out. There's a video at the deep side of the end zone, and if you paused the video and can zoom in, I can some green between the receivers cleat and the sideline.

I'm actually convinced he didn't get in. 1) the receiver didn't extended the football.  2) he was drifting out of bounds. 3) he did hit the pylon. Sadly, it appeared hit the pylon with his left shoulder and not with the football. 4) It also appeared that the receiver rolled into the end zone, and I can see if his knee was down prior to his left shoulder hit the pylon.

Throughout all the videos and pictures, I don't see anything convincing me that it was a touchdown. Kudos to the official on what looks like is the right call, and not listening to any of the fans yelling "Touchdown" in his ear trying to persuade the guy to change his call.

The ball doesn’t have to go inside the pylon, it just has to cross the plain before the runner is down or a part of him touches out of bounds.  I saw a view from the middle of the end zone that makes it definitely look like a TD, but who knows.

• Like 1