Round 1- Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett

DBKPT93

41 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West high,
I’ll take Kingsport in this matchup. Bearden’s pass game looked nonexistent against Farragut. QB hasn’t gotten much better since last year, hard to improve arm strength or lack there of. Everyone knows they can’t run the ball. Stupid routes. Kingsport is good up front and offensive skill positions and is always well coached.

Waco, it says here Kingsport is always well coached.  Whaddya think?  

11 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

In the past 10 years Bearden has been bounced in the first round every time except 2019.      DB in the same period has only been bounced 3 times in round 1.         Have not seen either team play this season but based on history I'm going with the Indians 24-21

DB will win this if they don't self destruct.  If DB doesn't help them with busts and penalties etc.  They can win this game.  They don't have to be perfect,  Just play mostly clean football.

Series history:

2020 DB won 40-7
2019 DB won 39-14
2019 DB won 28-14
2018 Bearden won 33-30
2017 DB won 23-7
2016 DB won 34-21
2015 Bearden won 21-9
2012 DB won 35-7
2010 Bearden won 41-35
2008 DB won 31-14
2007 Bearden won 8-7
2006 DB won 10-6
2005 DB won 23-7
2004 DB won 50-6
2003 DB won 17-10
2002 DB won 35-7
2001 DB won 23-0
2000 DB won 39-3
1998 DB won 38-7
1997 DB won 38-7
1997 DB won 28-0
1961 DB won 60-0
1959 DB won 33-0
1955 DB won 40-0

21 hours ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West high,
I’ll take Kingsport in this matchup. Bearden’s pass game looked nonexistent against Farragut. QB hasn’t gotten much better since last year, hard to improve arm strength or lack there of. Everyone knows they can’t run the ball. Stupid routes. Kingsport is good up front and offensive skill positions and is always well coached.

Agreed. DB will shutdown their offense and get some big running plays to seal the deal.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:13 PM, oridgecat said:

DB will win this if they don't self destruct.  If DB doesn't help them with busts and penalties etc.  They can win this game.  They don't have to be perfect,  Just play mostly clean football.

Oridge the self destruct thing seems to be following DB like a flea on dog. Whether it’s the conservative coaching or the undisciplined play but man I wanna pick DB in this because the way they played Greeneville. My prediction is DB will be out coached Friday night and the penalty bug continues as the Indians are beat at home by Bearden.   
Bearden-35    DB-28