RELEASE THE KRACKEN IV

Southtowner

18 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. It's my favorite holiday of the year. We have food, family and football today ... 2 of the 3 I like!

jicQLTj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Love me some Star Wars.

I remember in my youth the renovation of the Princess Theatre and the reopening in the fall of '76. Saw a few movies then spring/summer of '77  'A NewHope'  Great memories. 

On 11/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Southtowner said:

Yeah, we need to figure something out. Somehow we gotta pay these guys more money to call a game.  

My suggestion is the suits that are on the TSSAA payroll pony up. 

No Doubt. Who’s going to referee a game for 45-60$ and drive and deal with some unruly fans from both sides just doing their best. You get what you pay for. Pay all referee’s at least 120$ a piece per game and you’ll see competition. And professionalism. It’ll be looked at as a nice part time job for most and supplemental income for others. Refereeing used to be looked at as a basically volunteer job with expenses paid. Today people have too many options to actually get compensated for skilled work. Referees are no different. Them just donating their time days have passed since the mid 80’s. You ultimately get what you pay for. The TSSAA budget should guarantee a pay scale commensurate with experience regardless of who’s playing where or the class of the schools. The Refs have determined way too many games. And it’s getting worse because of quality individuals not participating. Pay these Guys Immediately and you’ll see a dramatic change in consistency and results. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

After Rd 4 Standings

Class 1A

BBQ 28-2

PirateMike  27-3
Wholder

Dad2  26-4
SNutz
Sailor

Rlh  25-5
Sum1
Roman