McMinn Central - "A New Standard"

housemouse

Love this, I think that Moody is doing a great job there.  The one thing that he is doing that hasnt been done before is making people notice football.  He is a good coach and a good fella too.  I do think the one thing they should do is drop the McMinn Game.  That would set them up for more success in the future, bc lots of people put all their hopes in that one game and when they do not win....a lot of people shut it down

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:42 AM, housemouse said:

Hid my other post and can not find a way to show it again. 

Enjoyed the video and love the uniforms! It got me to thinking who may have had the interlocking MC like North Carolina first. I know Moore County began using it on the helmets in 1997. Has McMinn had it longer? It doesn't really matter. It's a great logo! Just curious. Thanks! 

20 hours ago, Sandman63 said:

Love this, I think that Moody is doing a great job there.  The one thing that he is doing that hasnt been done before is making people notice football.  He is a good coach and a good fella too.  I do think the one thing they should do is drop the McMinn Game.  That would set them up for more success in the future, bc lots of people put all their hopes in that one game and when they do not win....a lot of people shut it down

I agree, the chances of them winning that game is really low, and most years it’s a practice game for the much longer school.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree, the chances of them winning that game is really low, and most years it’s a practice game for the much longer school.

I think it was the school board that ordered the game to be reinstated, after they didn't play it for a few years. It's always a big gate for the hosting team.
Being two classifications different isn't all that unique for teams to play.  The larger classification school should win most times - and in this case McMinn does.
Since I've lived down this way I remember Central winning in 2014 and prior to that I think in '89. If Central's coach and AD doesn't have a problem with playing it, let them play.  

I got the pleasure of driving down a few weekends ago to visit the grave sites of the once Englewood Rams Field and the Etowah Piledrivers old field sites and was surprised they were still standing. Went to the Etowah Library and they had a few of the old Etowah Yearbooks and a lot of the McMinn Central Yearbooks starting with the first three years. Best two players to ever come out of McMinn Central was Brad Watts and Norman Jordan to my knowledge and seen them both play. Always looked up to McMinn Central when I was in school at Maryville but hard to believe our town exploded in population and McMinn Central and a few other places down 411 is like The Day The World Stood Still. Hope the program there picks up a notch. There was a day I seen many McMinn Central teams win against McMinn County in the 70's. 72, 73,74,78,79, 81, 88 and 2014. Now I see this team playing smaller schools than they did back in those day's which they really shouldn't be playing McMinn County unless they like getting beat up. Makes no sense at all playing McMinn County one week getting beat 50-0 and playing Tellico Plains a week or two later.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

I grew up in Etowah as a kid. Played for the Etowah Piledriver teams up until i was going into my 8th grade year (didn't have middle school teams back then). I moved to Kingsport in the eight grade. I remember playing with some really good players that probably had good High school and College careers. Norman Jordan was a few years older than me but i remember watching him play on the older Piledriver team. Mark Stone was another very good player around that time. I did get to play with another great player Gordan Jackson.  I think all three of those guys i mentioned played in the SEC.  I always wished i had been able to stay in Etowah and play for the Chargers. I remember many friday nights playing paper cup football next to the visiting side bleachers. Best times of my life.  Glad to see the program going back in the right direction. I'll always be a fan. Good luck tonight.  Go Chargers!!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 8:02 AM, Sandman63 said:

I can’t go into detail but stay tuned. Gonna be some shocked people across the creek next year.