Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

I never said we were not the underdog, which is just perception of others. Personally I say we lost 2 games to teams that could beat them as well, also they finished 1st in a region that I believe we would have won going away, finally, I just like how we match up with them, I will leave it at that...

I agree. I believe both Beech and HC would beat them. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

First time watching the Social dweebs Memphis Central game, could Memphis Central have shot themselves in the foot anymore than they did? 

Central Wr drops, Qb missing wide open players, 2 red zone trips no points, I’m not impressed with Springfield having watched that game. Their defense is good not great, offense is par. Leftwich (I think is his name) is special.

ya know I heard “Springfield offense took their gas off the foot pedal in the second half” they never had it on in the first place lol scored mostly off turnovers and short fields when they did get anything going. With that being said I don’t think there is a debate to be had whether Central is a good team or not. They’re not. Poorly coached, but they are athletic.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Central Wr drops, Qb missing wide open players, 2 red zone trips no points, I’m not impressed with Springfield having watched that game. Their defense is good not great, offense is par. Leftwich (I think is his name) is special.

ya know I heard “Springfield offense took their gas off the foot pedal in the second half” they never had it on in the first place lol scored mostly off turnovers and short fields when they did get anything going. With that being said I don’t think there is a debate to be had whether Central is a good team or not. They’re not. Poorly coached, but they are athletic.

Definitely not the best team we played, but they were probably the fastest/quickest team we have played this year. I believe the score could have been worse but I believe getting out of there injury free with the win was the main obj...

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Worse game we played this year, that is why I am cautious about Munford 

On 11/5/2022 at 9:58 AM, CHARGERFAN said:

I’m not a Munford fan, but they beat my Covington team to open the season. I have a little insight on them. They have some talent that Munford has not had before. As our broadcast team told me before we played them, they have three players who are college prospects. 

Their QB, Bell, is a real threat both passing and running the ball. The running back, Sharp, transferred in from Brighton, making Brighton fans mad, and really improving the Munford offense. They also have a transfer wideout, Cobb, who came in from Memphis White Station. Between these three, their offense is cooking. They all are among the offensive leaders in the Metro Memphis area.

But, what impressed me most was their defense. They held Covington to 7 points, which is way below our season average in the high 30s. Even Haywood gave up 17 to our offense.

So, I’ve followed their season with interest, and it appears that our little 3A team losing to an undefeated 5A Munford was not as bad as it seemed at the time. I know zip about Springfield, but if y’all can beat Munford, you will have done something.

Is covington way down this year? Only ask because they didn'y hand our 4 seed very well at all and we beat them 50-14. They beat memphis central by 14 and allowed 28 points to central. we beat central 27-7 and played our absolute worst game. I cant remember thescore on their game with southwind but i do know southwind was the 2 seed and Portland went there and beat them. We beat Portland 40-0 without a qb. This is why I am curious is covington down or did they just play a terrible game?

1 hour ago, bigdawgtn said:

Is covington way down this year? Only ask because they didn'y hand our 4 seed very well at all and we beat them 50-14. They beat memphis central by 14 and allowed 28 points to central. we beat central 27-7 and played our absolute worst game. I cant remember thescore on their game with southwind but i do know southwind was the 2 seed and Portland went there and beat them. We beat Portland 40-0 without a qb. This is why I am curious is covington down or did they just play a terrible game?

Munford beat Memphis C 42-28 and Southwind 31-20

2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

No, Covington is not down this year. We have been ranked #3 or #4 in 3A all year in the AP polls for the state. We’re at 9-2 after Round 1 of the playoffs, we won Region 7-3A, and have home-field advantage in the playoffs until the State Championship, if we can advance that far.

Our two losses are to Munford, undefeated and ranked #3 in the 5A polls, and to Haywood, undefeated and ranked #3 in the 4A polls. My assessment is that we are a darn good 3A team, but faced better talent from bigger schools in these two losses. 

Only  time will tell how Covington does in the remaining playoffs, but I do respect both Munford and Haywood.

2 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

No, Covington is not down this year. We have been ranked #3 or #4 in 3A all year in the AP polls for the state. We’re at 9-2 after Round 1 of the playoffs, we won Region 7-3A, and have home-field advantage in the playoffs until the State Championship, if we can advance that far.

Our two losses are to Munford, undefeated and ranked #3 in the 5A polls, and to Haywood, undefeated and ranked #3 in the 4A polls. My assessment is that we are a darn good 3A team, but faced better talent from bigger schools in these two losses. 

Only  time will tell how Covington does in the remaining playoffs, but I do respect both Munford and Haywood.

Well my queston wasn't to put covington down...my question was really regarding munford.  They have not faired as good as we have against common opponents. i have not watched your game with them just the recents. I will watch yours and see i guess. 

1 minute ago, bigdawgtn said:

Well my queston wasn't to put covington down...my question was really regarding munford.  They have not faired as good as we have against common opponents. i have not watched your game with them just the recents. I will watch yours and see i guess. 

Playing that common opponent game this year…. means absolutely nothing.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS